or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › Memorial Day Pork Butt
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Memorial Day Pork Butt - Page 2

post #21 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasgal81 View Post


Send some my way! Lol. The family ate the rest of my little bitty one today.th_crybaby2.gif

We have plenty left over!

post #22 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamheart View Post
 

Nice smoke Brian. Colors is right on target!. 19 hours of low and slow, I think the anticipation only builds the taste buds titillation!

 

Dang nice job.

 

BTW how 'bout that pineapple? Big difference? Did it really stand out?

 

Great looking smoke.

Thanks for the kind words Kev.  The pineapple IMHO turned out well. It didn't over power the meet but you could taste a hint of pineapple.  Gidgets Pork Butt goes Hawaiian!

post #23 of 34

Very nice lookin pork butt.

Maybe I will try some pineapple juice next time.

 

Happy Smokin

Mike

post #24 of 34
Dang fine pig butt there Brian! It's a good thing that you're an old hand at this; can you imagine the starts and fits you would have had if you were a newbe? 19 hours-man, talk about a smoking marathon!
post #25 of 34

Great lookin pork.

 

That sure was a long cook.

post #26 of 34

Great looking smoke. I'm curious how the pineapple injection turned out as well!

 

Disco

post #27 of 34

Wow Brian...that's a mighty pretty pig butt there Brother!  A 19 hour smoke...that's a lot of smoky goodness infused into that PP!  Nicely done Sir!

 

points1.png

 

Red

post #28 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptcruiserguy View Post
 

Very nice lookin pork butt.

Maybe I will try some pineapple juice next time.

 

Happy Smokin

Mike

Thanks PT  Turned out great.  Give it a try! 

B

post #29 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post

Dang fine pig butt there Brian! It's a good thing that you're an old hand at this; can you imagine the starts and fits you would have had if you were a newbe? 19 hours-man, talk about a smoking marathon!

Thanks Dutch I appreciate the kind words.  Dang PB had a mind of its own. But we showed em!  

I'm no stranger to those fits. I still get em when I'm stuffing sausage! LOL

post #30 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by c farmer View Post
 

Great lookin pork.

 

That sure was a long cook.

You're telling me. But I just held steady till the Mav told me it was done.  Worked out in the end! b

post #31 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco View Post
 

Great looking smoke. I'm curious how the pineapple injection turned out as well!

 

Disco

Disco, I'll tell ya...  Imagine Hawaiian style pork.  Thats what it reminded me of.  Just a tad sweet.  Not too much.   I'd do it again. B 

post #32 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenRed View Post
 

Wow Brian...that's a mighty pretty pig butt there Brother!  A 19 hour smoke...that's a lot of smoky goodness infused into that PP!  Nicely done Sir!

 

points1.png

 

Red

Thanks for the points Red.  I always appreciate you watching this redneck cook. 

Brian

post #33 of 34

Oh, I do like you Butt! We seriously have meat issues... Go for a turkey end up with a butt, go for a rack of ribs end up with a whole chicken, go for a brisket flat and come home with a salmon... story of my life!

 

Today I went for salmon and damn near walked out with several racks of ribs... but I held tough! It is a beautiful solid side of wild caught king salmon and I can 't wait!

post #34 of 34
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeusum View Post
 

Oh, I do like you Butt! We seriously have meat issues... Go for a turkey end up with a butt, go for a rack of ribs end up with a whole chicken, go for a brisket flat and come home with a salmon... story of my life!

 

Today I went for salmon and damn near walked out with several racks of ribs... but I held tough! It is a beautiful solid side of wild caught king salmon and I can 't wait!

Nice... I'll check for the post on the salmon!!! b

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Pork
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Pork › Memorial Day Pork Butt