Just a quick poll to find out what people want to do during the weekend. One option would be to sit around and drink beer and eat all weekend. Another would be to also share experiences in the form of mini-master-classes - while we sit around and drink beer!
I am happy to do either but I would be happy to demonstrate a few tips and techniques if anyone is interested. If anyone else feels brave as well then I think we should be able to provide something of interest for everyone to dip in and out of – including our significant others.
Some of the options I could organise/demonstrate include:
- Mastering Ribs – preparation and cooking. Stack cooking and 3-2-1
- Curing and smoking Salmon fillets – including the use of an “AMNPS”
- Beer can and cupcake chicken
- BBQ Deserts – including caramelised fruit skewers and chocolate brownies
- BBQ Baking – including breads and American style cheese and herb biscuits
- Cooking by thermometer and basic safe BBQ cooking
- Direct and indirect cooking – including hot wings
- BBQ Veg – Roasted Peppers, corn, stir fry veg, rosemary roasted new potatoes etc.
- Fish cooking basics
I am sure that others could lead some of the above as well.
We could do any, all or none of these - and if anyone has other suggestions that they feel comfortable demonstrating then we can add them to the list of options.
Post back what you may like to do or see and if there is sufficient interest we can get things arranged.