Ok so i go home and get a chuckie started and 4 hours later.
I chop the chuckie and get my other ingredients together
Into the pool they go
So as I was completing the process i found my potatos were now ready for planting but not so much for my stew so that got left out. I also only used PP and beef.
There were several things i like better about your recipe than mine and a couple i did not like.
1) like the tomato paste and catsup think they add a thickening component mine lacks
2) same with the cream corn, whether or not the cream corn vs me adding regular frozen corn and heavy cream is a difference maker yours is definitely thicker. Some experimination is in order here. My inclination (because i dont like to be wrong) is that frozen corn and fresh heavy cream should be better than using the cream corn chub.
3) love adding the green peppers a real difference maker on taste that i love
4) same with the red onion vs me normally using a sweet onion. I need to get out of the habit of using sweet onions in everrrrything!
Now for the dislikes
1) i used about half lima beans and half peas, my guests loved having both in the stew, personally i would rather omit the peas, not sure how this one turns out in the end (again dont like being wrong)
2) my biggest complaint IT WAS TO SMOOTH!!!!! I cooked this on a tuesday night and had a bowl Wednesday night. After eating i added half a cup of apple cidar vinegar. To me it needed this bite.
Now for a question, as i mentioned from my post earlier today i served this to about 15 guests, one of whom was from south ga. And he said this was like a ga brunswick stew???? Any one have thoughts on regional differences?