~~its been a while
I was still reading along but a lot has changed ( rebuilding the house getting a son into the world ...)
so now i'm back and hoping to create a smoker at last
a lot of the old materials I had were delivered to the scrapyard ($$$) and some new ones are bought, first a new trailer from an old caravan +/- 7 meters (gne reduce that to 4 meter max.) a 250 gal propane tank, 2 gas burners...
the rig will be made in a school where they teach metal crafting, welding, car mechanics so I think the welding and stuff will be oke (I hope so)
I still have a lot of questions so here we go:
1. for the fb I have a 1/4 inch plate is that thick enough?
2. i'm going to place a food warmer on top of the fb do I need to leave some space between them?
3. is I isolate the fb and the warmer how thick does the outer iron need te be?
4. should I isolate the bottom of my cc to?
5. what type isolation I use best?
6. how thick does the rf plate needs to be?
7. when I cut off the end of the tank should I measure from the cut point to the front to calculate my fd dimensions?
I'm planning to go scrapyard hunting next weekend
here are some plans on what I want to create