Hello Everyone. I am smoking a 10 lb brisket on Sunday, but not serving it till Monday. My question is, do I leave it till Monday before cutting in slices? Thanks!!
- topicBriskettagged by Venture, 11/19/13
Related Forum Threads
- Prepping Brisket Last post on 9/18/15 at 6:42am in Beef
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- Question on smoking a brisket and ribs together Last post on 12/24/14 at 6:37am in General Discussion
- First Brisket, Question regarding cut of meat Last post on 12/19/14 at 1:18pm in Beef
- Small Pretrimmed brisket...First time! Last post on 12/20/14 at 2:27pm in Beef
Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And Process
Last edited: 9/22/12
- Geeks Basic BrisketLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brisket Separation TechniqueLast edited: 9/9/10
- Red Bell Pepper Rub Naturally Sweet And Mildy Spicy No SugarLast edited: 8/28/13
- Brisket Marinade And RubLast edited: 5/25/10
I bought the Weber 26.75" grill mainly for the larger grilling area. I have owned Weber's 22.5" grills for over 50 years now, I'm on my 3rd one now, but now needed more grilling area, and the...
Forgive me if I write a lot of drivel, bu this is my first review of a product on this forum: I had gotten a 12" A-maze-n tube and used it to smoke cheese last year (on my old grill), and...
I purchased this smoker to again give smoking a try. I had been a avid meat/fish smoker years ago long before all of the temperature controlled available smokers & temperature monitoring equipment...
I called Lisa from www.vacuumsealersunlimited.com, A nicer more helpful person you wont find. She walked me through the options and helped me select the VP215. This thing is the bomb! I grabbed a...
Bought this at KMart on a special sale and we've had this grill for about five years now and it has held up pretty well except the underside of the grill. The grease pan/tray that leads to the...
Cutting a brisket 1 day after smoking it.post #1 of 1111/19/13 at 3:02amThread Starter
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #2 of 1111/19/13 at 3:18am
Brisket is thin enough that it will cool quickly so you can cool it whole if you wish. Slice it, shingle it in a pan with Au Jus and reheat in a 325°F oven, covered, to 165°F. Give this a try...JJ
Smokey Au Jus
1- Lg Onion,
3-4 Ribs Celery
3-4 Peeled Cloves of Garlic
Toss them in a pan under the Beef, and let the whole deal Smoke for one hour,
THEN add 4-6 Cups Beef Broth,
2 Tbs Tomato Paste,
1/2tsp Dry Thyme (4-5 sprigs Fresh)
1-2 ea Bayleaf
Finish the Smoking process to the IT you want.
While the Roast is resting, dump the pan juices veggies and all into a 2-3Qt Sauce pot and add 1Cup Red Wine, something you like to drink, and bring the Jus to a boil, lower the heat and simmer 20-30 minutes. Strain out the veggies and let the Jus rest a minute or so for the Fat to rise. Skim off the bulk of the fat then using strips of paper towel laid on top of the Jus then quickly removed, take off the last little bit of fat.
The purpose of Smoking the Vegetable for 1 hour before adding the Broth and Herbs is...The Smoked vegetables Roast in the Dry heat concentrating their Flavors and Sweetness giving the finished Jus a Richer, Deeper, Full Flavor.
Serve the sliced Beef Au Jus or thicken the Jus to make Gravy.
NOTE: If you are using this recipe with Brisket, additional Water will have to be added periodically to maintain the proper volume. Do not add more Broth as repeated addition and reduction will make the Au Jus too salty..post #3 of 1111/19/13 at 9:39ampost #4 of 1111/19/13 at 9:51am
You could go another way also... if you have a vacum sealer , you could cut,package and seal the cuts. When youn get ready to prepare it you can heatr by boiling ; it taste as ifitcan right off the grill. Use JJ's recipe to embelish it and you'll be amaised .
Just an idea, I've sealed and heated this way and it was great.
Stanpost #5 of 1111/19/13 at 2:15pmThread Starterpost #6 of 1111/19/13 at 2:15pmThread Starterpost #7 of 1111/19/13 at 2:16pmThread Starterpost #8 of 1111/20/13 at 11:03am
The last brisket I did. It reached my IT temp around 10:30 pm on a Saturday. I wrapped it in foil and put it in a cooler packed with bath towels and went to bed. I didn't take it out to slice till noon or 1 pm the next day. The thing was still almost too hot to handle to slice and was the best/juiciest/most tender brisket I have done in several years.post #9 of 1111/20/13 at 1:01pmThread Starter
That is what I am going to do. I smoke the brisket until the internal temp reaches 165, then I wrap in in foil with beef brooth and cover the top with butter, then let it get to 200. I do like your idea of keeping it in the cooler overnight. I then use the brooth and butter mix as a au jus per say.....Thanks again!!post #10 of 1111/21/13 at 8:02amQuote:Originally Posted by animal54
That is what I am going to do. I smoke the brisket until the internal temp reaches 165, then I wrap in in foil with beef brooth and cover the top with butter, then let it get to 200. I do like your idea of keeping it in the cooler overnight. I then use the brooth and butter mix as a au jus per say.....Thanks again!!
Just be careful with throwing it in a cooler overnight. Not all coolers will hold the temp as well. Would be a crying shame if you opened the cooler to find that your Brisket had spent the previous 7 hours under 140 degrees.post #11 of 1111/21/13 at 11:40am
I've done the foil/towel/ice chest thing but I don't like the way the meat just stews there. I like a nice crunchy bark from the rub I put on so I let mine cool wrapped in foil but with the top not folded down till I put it in the fridge. Take it out the next day and into the oven with the foil unfolded on top and let it get heated on about 275 or so
- Cutting a brisket 1 day after smoking it.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Geeks Basic Brisket
- › Issue with Snack Stick Casings 56 seconds ago
- › just cant get the ratio right with venison 1 minute ago
- › Big brisket -- cook it whole or cut it in half 4 minutes ago
- › Firebox connected with additional pipe 5 minutes ago
- › PWE Andouille 10 minutes ago
- › First Attempt at Smoking Cheese (QView) 12 minutes ago
- › Weekend smoke 16 minutes ago
- › Beef "Dino" Ribs (From My Last Prime Rib Score) 19 minutes ago
- › Using Kiln Dried Lumber? 19 minutes ago
- › My Thanksgiving 19 minutes ago
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Meco 5031 Charcoal Combo Water Smoker by W2HR
- › VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer by TripleQ
- › Kenmore 4 burner split lid with sear station and side burner gas grill by Cornman
- › Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas-and-Charcoal Grill by erikself
- › Bradley Digital 4- Rack Smoker by hoekma
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by WickedPigeon
- › Char-Griller 9040 by Chicken Man 911
- › Masterbuilt 20070213 30-Inch Black Electric Digital Smoker, Front... by Wilkesctywildma