- 9,295 Posts. Joined 2/2013
- Location: Central Pa
- Points: 1312
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- SoCal rookie Vert smoker Last post on 10/26/13 at 8:54am in For New Members
- Chicken, my new favorite method Last post on 5/31/14 at 7:23pm in Poultry
- First whole chicken is smokin' Last post on 10/4/13 at 11:44am in Grilling Chicken
- First real try at smoked chicken Last post on 6/25/16 at 9:14pm in Poultry
- Beer Can Chicken in Beer Sauce - Great way to start the weekend! Last post on 9/17/13 at 11:08am in Poultry
Smoked/Dutch Oven Southwestern Chicken & Rice
Last edited: 12/26/11
- Jamacian Jerked WingsLast edited: 4/27/11
- Cutting Up A Whole ChickenLast edited: 4/28/11
- Brining PoultryLast edited: 10/30/12
- How To Smoke Chicken Competition StyleLast edited: 5/25/10
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
A little evening Spatch ....Do you approve? - Page 2post #21 of 479/27/13 at 8:43pmMine goes east.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #22 of 479/27/13 at 9:28pmI miss this! Too bad it got squashed by some spoiled squash...
And sorry about the river yap!.. and thanks farmer for not throwing away trash into rivers... east west south or north. .. they all end up feeding some kinda of meat we eat.. trash bad!
Happy Friday friends!!!post #23 of 479/28/13 at 2:35ampost #24 of 479/28/13 at 4:52pmQuote:See.. getting off topic spawns new topics. . Great thing about forums... they are un forgiving. ... cant wait to see some pics mdboat! ;)
Happy Saturday!post #25 of 479/28/13 at 5:29pmThread StarterQuote:
No problemo! Butter garlic sauce and oyster on the half shell over some coals sounds really good.post #26 of 479/28/13 at 5:37pmpost #27 of 479/28/13 at 5:42pmpost #28 of 479/28/13 at 5:49pmThread Starterpost #29 of 479/28/13 at 6:29pm
See kids... there is the difference in a spatchcock on the mini.... and me wasting time putting a cock in the vertical gasser... meat is tasty.. skin goes to the dogs.. its just like rubber with a slight taste of my rub.. listen to the chicken king...! I will now! hah... ;) night night folks.. happy Saturday!post #30 of 479/28/13 at 6:33pmpost #31 of 479/28/13 at 6:44pmThread Starterpost #32 of 479/28/13 at 6:48pmpost #33 of 479/28/13 at 6:50pmpost #34 of 479/28/13 at 6:50pmpost #35 of 479/28/13 at 6:51pmThread StarterQuote:
OH snap Mikey...thought that was an old pic from when you used a gasser. Mini is at the bar??? What the heck! Get it back stat!post #36 of 479/28/13 at 7:03pmpost #37 of 479/28/13 at 7:06pmpost #38 of 479/28/13 at 7:27pmThread StarterQuote:
I still have neighbors raving over spatch's i did for a block party this summer on the drum. Nobody is used to the good stuff anymore. I'm sold on food cooked over fire no matter if its over a hole in the ground, over a charcoal chimney or something like a UDS or mini but the least you have between the meat and fire the better. When doing poultry strip the foiled water pans and tera pots imo...let those wonderful juices do their thing and let the spaced direct heat do it's thing.
It changes the flavor, texture, color etc....post #39 of 479/28/13 at 7:29pmpost #40 of 479/28/13 at 7:35pmThread Starter
It might be a pain to rub the rub under the skin but it is sooooo worth it. I used to never care for the white meat but those days or long gone...but of course the dark thigh meat will always be my favorite.
- A little evening Spatch ....Do you approve?
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Jamacian Jerked Wings
- › Tri-Tip 2 minutes ago
- › Fresh steelhead 7 minutes ago
- › MES 30 Price on Amazon - $164 11 minutes ago
- › Questions about the WSM???? 13 minutes ago
- › Venison Roast For Sammies. Need Advice. 18 minutes ago
- › Pellets turned to sawdust / cement after the hurricane 19 minutes ago
- › Newbie 20 minutes ago
- › Smoker Chip Test Market 20 minutes ago
- › Cold smoker 29 minutes ago
- › It's what's for dinner 31 minutes ago
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman