- 1,379 Posts. Joined 12/2010
- Location: Arlington, TX
- Points: 39
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicWhole Hogtagged by webowabo, 9/26/13
Related Forum Threads
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
I've only had the Masterbuilt dual-fuel propane for a month now but have used it 10 times for everything from salmon to pulled pork. I had been thinking about getting a real smoker for a while now...
I was late for my First Whole Pig roast..
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Its hard to take pictures...but I git a few.
She went on at 832am... pit temp 255*
I got dry rub in belly side...
Salt and oil on skin.
Injected with basic pork brine.. will list all ingredients after..
Ill try to take pictures everytime I add fuel..or chunks...
Out of Popcorn???
I'll bring that-------
Keep the pics coming, Mikey!!!
man.. this cinder block pit is GREAT! two hours in... half bag of KB.. she is holding right at 250... I was throwing chunks of cherry straight on the coals.. but the would flare up to much.. so I had to foil them... much better... other than that.. she is sizzling away.. picture of progress to come shortly.. Im sure ill need to refuel soon..
2 hours in..
Pit temp 250*
Left Ham IT 117*
Right shoulder 118*
Its starting to smell like a pig is cooking :)
Looking at the front and back wooden sliding doors, thats a great idea BTW, I am guessing this ain't your first rodeo.........
I awoke this AM with a smile thinking I smelled pork cooking, must have been a westerly breeze. LOL
Im not making anything my self.. but different folks at this bar Im at are bringin side.. Beans.. tater salad.. I will do some coleslaw.. you basic bbq sides..
:) your welcome :P
Gonna let fire slowly crawl down...
Got a few different style sauces.. all recipes from SMF members.. will give proper thanks later on.
Also made the finishing sause as well..
Bottom side of pig. ... is looking beautiful. ...
Im think flip with in the hour. ..
My buddy Mikey (it gets confusing when we are both together) and I set up just fine by me... tv..laptops..big ars fan.. amd a couch..
And tequila. ..
And a whole pig cooking ane sizzling right next to us...
Yes they are.. Foam.. Yes they are :)
Both Mikey and I just took the lid off.. was checking skin texture. its crispy..still firm to the meat but getting close where I think is gonna be great. .. and we both decided not to flip... I think if anyone wants some crispier skin I can throw it on the grill...
am I gonna have any problems ( i cant think of any) if I dont flip. I for one am just lazy to flip... but also for cosmetics.. she looks very pretty sitting exactly how she is...
Thanks, unfortunately there is NNOOOOOOO breeze out here anymore... I think Foam stole it all.. Thank the Lord for the fan next to me :)
Take back the last TEMP update.. my probes were reading way higher..
I re positioned both probes. Im gettting 150's in the hams.. and a 160 in shoulders..
that sounds a little more like it..
- I was late for my First Whole Pig roast..
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Trying my smoking wits on St. Louis Spareribs. 10 minutes ago
- › Rib-Eyes, Stuffed Mushrooms & Garlic Toast 29 minutes ago
- › Loin question 34 minutes ago
- › Applewood Smoked Apple Dumplings 36 minutes ago
- › Vents open or closed? 55 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt "Cold Smoker" unit 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Insulated smoker build 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › PWE Pastrami Day 10 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Knowing where your meat comes from... 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Question About Curing Bacon - how long is too long? 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman
- › Weston Pro Series #22 Food Grinder 1HP by TripleQ