or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › 2nd try with the brisket
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2nd try with the brisket

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
Picked up an 8.5 lb. brisket today. Have a party Saturday and am hoping for the best.
Going with the same method. Last one was a flat that was trimmed too much. I think.
Rubbed it today and plan on smoking it early Saturday morning. Party is at 2 will be real early.
post #2 of 8

My last brisket took 18 hours but it was a whole packer. Be sure to give yourself enough time cause some of those brisket don't know the meaning of speed.

post #3 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodcutter View Post
 

My last brisket took 18 hours but it was a whole packer. Be sure to give yourself enough time cause some of those brisket don't know the meaning of speed.

Those large cuts of meat seem to have a mind of their own when it comes to getting done. I'm sure you know, an approximate cook time is 1.5-2 hrs per pound, not including a stall if there is one. 

 

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

post #4 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodcutter View Post
 

My last brisket took 18 hours but it was a whole packer. Be sure to give yourself enough time cause some of those brisket don't know the meaning of speed.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinHusker View Post
 

Those large cuts of meat seem to have a mind of their own when it comes to getting done. I'm sure you know, an approximate cook time is 1.5-2 hrs per pound, not including a stall if there is one.

 

Good luck and let us know how it turns out!

 

Yup - exactly what Todd & Alesia said  Thumbs Up  Don't cut yourself short on time - it's much better to be done early & resting than to have hungry people waiting for it to finish...

post #5 of 8
or just go hot and fast and be done with it..lol. just wrap it in butcher paper halfway thru that hot and fast cook. as stated above, its always better to be ahead of the hungry masses' appetites. good luck.
post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 
I must say it came out great! Thanks for all the input. It ended up taking about 12 1/2 hrs.
post #7 of 8
Thread Starter 
Didn't get any pics after it was cut. Went fast.
post #8 of 8

 

Looks great man!  :drool  Nice job with your smoke  thumb1%20copy.gif

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffAM View Post

Didn't get any pics after it was cut. Went fast.

 

U can have a free pass this time - next time however it's  pb.gif   &   Bottom.gif              Ha Ha  :biggrin:

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Beef
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › 2nd try with the brisket