Here was my first experiment:
I printed out a design, then I took some double sided tape and affixed aluminum foil(two layers) to the design. I did this so that the first layer of foil would be stuck to the paper and the second layer would be tape and paper free. I didn't want to have that on my food. Thus, the second paper-free layer of foil. I used a hobby blade to trace out a stencil. Then I simply put the foil onto the cheese.
This went into the smoker. I found that the design didn't come out well with it upright as in the picture. The cheese also didn't want to stand up on its own.
This is how they turned out after smoking them design down:
I didn't like how the "pepperhead" one turned out, so I made some more!
Here they are design side down. I found it also turns out better if placed directly above the AMPNS.
A few of these are going to be gifts. I hope they are well received.