I just bought a set of 3/8" grommets from grills4U to modify my weber smokey mountain to accept the Maverick ET 732 temp probe. Has anyone used these grommets and any advice on installation. Is there a better way to modify the WSM to accept the Maverick probes.
- productMaverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probestagged by jacksonchansf, 4/13/13
- productWeber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18.5-Inch Smokertagged by jacksonchansf, 4/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- Maverick 732 issue? Last post on 10/24/15 at 9:31pm in General Discussion
- Water versus Sand in the WSM? Last post on 1/30/16 at 5:25pm in Pork
- New to smoke, Weber 18.5 Smokey Mountain or MES Last post on 5/18/16 at 7:05am in Roll Call
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- The function or funtions of the water pan in the "WSM". Last post on 10/21/15 at 8:16am in WSM Owners (Weber Smokey Mountain)
Ive ground and mixed 60 + pounds of meat so far in 20-25 lbs batches. 1st, it does a much better job than I did manually with out over working the meat. I need to work on my setup a bit to make the...
So I purchased a GMG Jim Bowie prior to owning my Blaz'n Grill GridIron. I had problems from the start and eventually sold it after owning it for a little over 3 months. I paid more than double for...
I have smoked ribs, beer can chicken, pork butts, chicken breasts, all have turned out great. I just turn it on set the temp and forget it.
I agree with everything yamafx4dude said. The box itself is great. Well insulted and large enough for a large family I need to smoke for. However the electronics in this unit suck… DO NOT depend...
This is a nice set it and forget it type of thing. One thing I do want to mention on it...lump coal is not easy to work with on this. Stay with Kingsford. Well made and works like a charm. I am not...
Installtion of 3/8"gromets for WSM and Maverick ET732 Temp probe
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think there's a better way: simply cut a slot in the top edge of the center section. I don't have to thread wires through holes -- I simply sweep them into the slot.
Got to Ace or the big box store..
Get 2 pieces of threaded tube (3/8 or 1/2) they come in many lengths ..and 4 nuts to hold them..
Drill holes ...mount the inserts..you dont need to pay extra at somebodies site..it is simple..
While you are there get flat washers to put behind the top grate holders....
- Installtion of 3/8"gromets for WSM and Maverick ET732 Temp probe
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › I'm Sold On SV !! 3 minutes ago
- › 1st timer making Pops recipe: Country-Style Breakfast Sausage -... 6 minutes ago
- › Smoked Hummus 9 minutes ago
- › First turkey smoke 15 minutes ago
- › Just picked up 25 pounds of meat 17 minutes ago
- › Fire danger? MES w grease accumulation on floor 19 minutes ago
- › My first cold smoke 25 minutes ago
- › first pork butt 31 minutes ago
- › Cajun injector electric smoker 35 minutes ago
- › Sausage Goodness 35 minutes ago
- › 7-Gal. Mixer Attachment with Tilt by TripleQ
- › Blaz'n Grill Works "Gridiron" by FBI Van Outside
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by miked945
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Vajinyan
- › Slow 'N Sear by ammaturesmoker
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Dabnet795
- › Char Broil Offset Smoker American Gourmet Deluxe Grill by Face
- › Weber 7416 Rapidfire Chimney Starter by Cornman
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations
- › Wild Hawg Rub
- › Follw-up to Smoke House Problems
- › Fine Points of Curing Brine
- › Seasonings & Marinades
- › Tying a Butcher's Knot