I just bought a set of 3/8" grommets from grills4U to modify my weber smokey mountain to accept the Maverick ET 732 temp probe. Has anyone used these grommets and any advice on installation. Is there a better way to modify the WSM to accept the Maverick probes.
- productMaverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probestagged by jacksonchansf, 4/13/13
- productWeber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18.5-Inch Smokertagged by jacksonchansf, 4/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- Maverick 732 issue? Last post on 10/24/15 at 9:31pm in General Discussion
- Water versus Sand in the WSM? Last post on 1/30/16 at 5:25pm in Pork
- New to smoke, Weber 18.5 Smokey Mountain or MES Last post on 5/18/16 at 7:05am in Roll Call
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- The function or funtions of the water pan in the "WSM". Last post on 10/21/15 at 8:16am in WSM Owners (Weber Smokey Mountain)
I've had mine for more than 6 years and I really struggled through the first year with it getting too hot and burning up food. I was ready to give up and just use it as a charcoal grill. Then I...
I installed this and it worked flawlessly.
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Installtion of 3/8"gromets for WSM and Maverick ET732 Temp probe
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think there's a better way: simply cut a slot in the top edge of the center section. I don't have to thread wires through holes -- I simply sweep them into the slot.
Got to Ace or the big box store..
Get 2 pieces of threaded tube (3/8 or 1/2) they come in many lengths ..and 4 nuts to hold them..
Drill holes ...mount the inserts..you dont need to pay extra at somebodies site..it is simple..
While you are there get flat washers to put behind the top grate holders....
- Installtion of 3/8"gromets for WSM and Maverick ET732 Temp probe
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Winner, winner, (smoked) chicken dinner 1 minute ago
- › Ribs, Chicken and Red Fish! 4 minutes ago
- › Pleasant surprise...only for nose-2-tail enthusiasts 5 minutes ago
- › Cured & Smoked Hocks ~ Foamheart 12 minutes ago
- › South Florida Spring Gathering - Apr. 28-30 (ONLY 5 DAYS AWAY) 13 minutes ago
- › New to smoking and have no equipment yet but it's on the way! 13 minutes ago
- › Bay ~ Foamheart 18 minutes ago
- › Baby back ribs on the WSM w/ Q-View 21 minutes ago
- › Post A Picture of Your COMPLETED Mini-WSM Here ! (Mini Weber... 22 minutes ago
- › PERFECT RIBS EVERY TIME! This really works! 32 minutes ago
- › Vision Grills Classic Kamado Charcoal Grill 596 Sq. In. Cooking... by THood
- › Horizon Smokers Charcoal Basket For 20 Inch Classic And Oklahoma... by ammaturesmoker
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices