I just bought a set of 3/8" grommets from grills4U to modify my weber smokey mountain to accept the Maverick ET 732 temp probe. Has anyone used these grommets and any advice on installation. Is there a better way to modify the WSM to accept the Maverick probes.
- productMaverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probestagged by jacksonchansf, 4/13/13
- productWeber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18.5-Inch Smokertagged by jacksonchansf, 4/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- Maverick 732 issue? Last post on 10/24/15 at 9:31pm in General Discussion
- Water versus Sand in the WSM? Last post on 1/30/16 at 5:25pm in Pork
- New to smoke, Weber 18.5 Smokey Mountain or MES Last post on 5/18/16 at 7:05am in Roll Call
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- The function or funtions of the water pan in the "WSM". Last post on 10/21/15 at 8:16am in WSM Owners (Weber Smokey Mountain)
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
The smoker came packaged very nicely and easy to assemble. The construction of it is pretty solid. I have used it twice so far and both times the smoker itself was good. I did put on a gasket...
I started out on a friends Traegar at work and made the decision to get a pellet smoker, I researched for awhile and was leaning towards the Green Mountain Grill line, I went and checked them out...
Installtion of 3/8"gromets for WSM and Maverick ET732 Temp probe
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think there's a better way: simply cut a slot in the top edge of the center section. I don't have to thread wires through holes -- I simply sweep them into the slot.
Got to Ace or the big box store..
Get 2 pieces of threaded tube (3/8 or 1/2) they come in many lengths ..and 4 nuts to hold them..
Drill holes ...mount the inserts..you dont need to pay extra at somebodies site..it is simple..
While you are there get flat washers to put behind the top grate holders....
- Installtion of 3/8"gromets for WSM and Maverick ET732 Temp probe
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › Pork Belly Burnt Ends 2 minutes ago
- › Lump Charcoal On SALE at Home Depot 4 minutes ago
- › My 6 year old's First Attempt at Smoking Baby Backs 5 minutes ago
- › Help Newbie in need of guidance 6 minutes ago
- › Trying Something New To Me... Dry Curing Charcuterie! 7 minutes ago
- › First Ever Brisket on my new 26" Kettle. w/ Qview 11 minutes ago
- › (newbie) Trying to figure out this whole charcoal thing 21 minutes ago
- › I'm a newbie. I'm looking to buy my first smoker. Here's one I saw... 23 minutes ago
- › Chestnut and peach wood 24 minutes ago
- › Smoked Ice Cream 38 minutes ago
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › Vision Grills Classic Kamado Charcoal Grill 596 Sq. In. Cooking... by THood
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...