I just bought a set of 3/8" grommets from grills4U to modify my weber smokey mountain to accept the Maverick ET 732 temp probe. Has anyone used these grommets and any advice on installation. Is there a better way to modify the WSM to accept the Maverick probes.
- productMaverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probestagged by jacksonchansf, 4/13/13
- productWeber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18.5-Inch Smokertagged by jacksonchansf, 4/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- Maverick 732 issue? Last post on 10/24/15 at 9:31pm in General Discussion
- Water versus Sand in the WSM? Last post on 1/30/16 at 5:25pm in Pork
- New to smoke, Weber 18.5 Smokey Mountain or MES Last post on 5/18/16 at 7:05am in Roll Call
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- The function or funtions of the water pan in the "WSM". Last post on 10/21/15 at 8:16am in WSM Owners (Weber Smokey Mountain)
Our three year old Traeger developed huge rust spots inside and out despite careful maintenance. It was always covered when not in use and stored inside for the winter. Paint peeled in big sheets...
I purchased one of the very early Traeger Lil' Tex models about 20 years ago. It was the first pellet grill I had ever seen and I fell in love instantly. Over time I added a digital thermometer to...
This product will not work in a propane smoker and it is a known defect by Amazen. The gas fire fights with the smoker for the air supply and the smoker usually looses an will not burn. They...
My stock temp gauge after 3 uses was about 50 degrees off. So I ordered this one cause I have seen this one in many videos and pictures. and the rating was good. Had to make the hole bigger to...
Installtion of 3/8"gromets for WSM and Maverick ET732 Temp probe
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think there's a better way: simply cut a slot in the top edge of the center section. I don't have to thread wires through holes -- I simply sweep them into the slot.
Got to Ace or the big box store..
Get 2 pieces of threaded tube (3/8 or 1/2) they come in many lengths ..and 4 nuts to hold them..
Drill holes ...mount the inserts..you dont need to pay extra at somebodies site..it is simple..
While you are there get flat washers to put behind the top grate holders....
- Installtion of 3/8"gromets for WSM and Maverick ET732 Temp probe
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › First attempt at smoked salmon 1 minute ago
- › Greetings / Compressor Tank Build 1 minute ago
- › Baby Back Ribs 2 - 1 - 1 Method 2 minutes ago
- › Traeger Century 22 Question 8 minutes ago
- › Just checking English to Americian ingrediants on a bacon run 12 minutes ago
- › Used Traeger Eastwood 13 minutes ago
- › Looking for a not too spicy pulled pork cider apple and vinegar... 17 minutes ago
- › Shout out from NY! 19 minutes ago
- › Better than Bacon? 20 minutes ago
- › making the lid airtight 37 minutes ago
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Traeger Lil' Tex Elite Pellet Grill by Gjd53
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by Smokedevil
- › 3 Inch Large Smoker Thermometer by Tragusa113
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by bigdumbjarhead
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by 603Smoker
- › Kingsford 30520 Competition Briquets, 11.1-Pound Bag by daRicksta
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by BC taster
- › Brinkmann Pro Series 4400 by LilyArscott
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS