I just bought a set of 3/8" grommets from grills4U to modify my weber smokey mountain to accept the Maverick ET 732 temp probe. Has anyone used these grommets and any advice on installation. Is there a better way to modify the WSM to accept the Maverick probes.
- productMaverick ET-732 Remote Check Wireless Thermometer With 2 Probestagged by jacksonchansf, 4/13/13
- productWeber 721001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 18.5-Inch Smokertagged by jacksonchansf, 4/13/13
Related Forum Threads
- Maverick 732 issue? Last post on 10/24/15 at 9:31pm in General Discussion
- Water versus Sand in the WSM? Last post on 1/30/16 at 5:25pm in Pork
- New to smoke, Weber 18.5 Smokey Mountain or MES Last post on 5/18/16 at 7:05am in Roll Call
- Overnight 1st brisket smoke with pics! Last post on 2/5/15 at 1:22pm in Beef
- The function or funtions of the water pan in the "WSM". Last post on 10/21/15 at 8:16am in WSM Owners (Weber Smokey Mountain)
I bought the Weber 26.75" grill mainly for the larger grilling area. I have owned Weber's 22.5" grills for over 50 years now, I'm on my 3rd one now, but now needed more grilling area, and the...
Forgive me if I write a lot of drivel, bu this is my first review of a product on this forum: I had gotten a 12" A-maze-n tube and used it to smoke cheese last year (on my old grill), and...
I purchased this smoker to again give smoking a try. I had been a avid meat/fish smoker years ago long before all of the temperature controlled available smokers & temperature monitoring equipment...
I called Lisa from www.vacuumsealersunlimited.com, A nicer more helpful person you wont find. She walked me through the options and helped me select the VP215. This thing is the bomb! I grabbed a...
Bought this at KMart on a special sale and we've had this grill for about five years now and it has held up pretty well except the underside of the grill. The grease pan/tray that leads to the...
Installtion of 3/8"gromets for WSM and Maverick ET732 Temp probe
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I think there's a better way: simply cut a slot in the top edge of the center section. I don't have to thread wires through holes -- I simply sweep them into the slot.
Got to Ace or the big box store..
Get 2 pieces of threaded tube (3/8 or 1/2) they come in many lengths ..and 4 nuts to hold them..
Drill holes ...mount the inserts..you dont need to pay extra at somebodies site..it is simple..
While you are there get flat washers to put behind the top grate holders....
- Installtion of 3/8"gromets for WSM and Maverick ET732 Temp probe
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- › anyone smoked razor clams? 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › How to store smoked cheese? 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Smoked Razor clams 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › Eight Racks of St. Louis Ribs 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › Smoked Salmon 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › MES not enough smoke - have the AMNPS 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Smoking all year... Neglecting my grill 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › New to the forum 1 hour, 43 minutes ago
- › Is it Pancetta? 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › Roll Call 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › Weber 781001 26.75-Inch One-Touch Gold Charcoal Grill by jesse624
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Mohole15
- › Meco 5031 Charcoal Combo Water Smoker by W2HR
- › VacMaster VP215 Chamber Vacuum Sealer by TripleQ
- › Kenmore 4 burner split lid with sear station and side burner gas grill by Cornman
- › Char-Griller 5050 Duo Gas-and-Charcoal Grill by erikself
- › Bradley Digital 4- Rack Smoker by hoekma
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by WickedPigeon
- › Char-Griller 9040 by Chicken Man 911
- › Masterbuilt 20070213 30-Inch Black Electric Digital Smoker, Front... by Wilkesctywildma