SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Poultry › Turkey Breast Tenderloin - w/ Q-View
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Turkey Breast Tenderloin - w/ Q-View - Page 2

post #21 of 33

Missed this somehow, Great looking turkey!  We like smoking the squash, but usually only for an hour then finish it off in the oven.

post #22 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by candycoated View Post

Hey PGSmoker64, those turkey breast are picture perfect!

Wish I could taste those squash th_crybaby2.gif

Thanks Mel.  They were really good, perfect amount of smoke.  I finished it off yesterday on a turkey club with cajun mayonnaise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtsailor2003 View Post

Missed this somehow, Great looking turkey!  We like smoking the squash, but usually only for an hour then finish it off in the oven.

Thanks DS!  I'll remember that next time I do the squash.

 

Bill

post #23 of 33

Very nice job !

post #24 of 33
Thread Starter 

Thankee Roller

post #25 of 33

OK........you got me......that looks too good to not try. I have the squash now........I will have the turkey in about an hour. If I am quick enough, it will all be on the smoker for dinner tonight. Yours looks so good.....I'm hungry already..

 

Brad

post #26 of 33

That looks great how long did you smoke the squash for?

post #27 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by driedstick View Post

That looks great how long did you smoke the squash for?

The squash stayed in the whole time...about 2 - 2.5 hours.

 

I thought it was good but Steph said it was too smokey!  huh.gif  I guess I was already a little smokey myself so I couldn't really tell.  


Next time, an hour in the smoker and finish off in the oven.

 

Bill

post #28 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkleinsmid View Post

OK........you got me......that looks too good to not try. I have the squash now........I will have the turkey in about an hour. If I am quick enough, it will all be on the smoker for dinner tonight. Yours looks so good.....I'm hungry already..

 

Brad

Thanks BK.  Awful easy too!

 

Bill

post #29 of 33

How long in smoker for both?  I enjoy butternut squash and never thought of smoking.  How was it?

post #30 of 33
They both look great. We always do the butternit squash in the oven too. I might try a little smoke on it next time too. I have always avoided turkey breast because I figured it would dry out. This thread is making me hungry for it.

What exactly is cajun mayonnaise? Blackened or super spicy? lol Those are the stereotypes I think are most common of our food.
post #31 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear55 View Post

How long in smoker for both?  I enjoy butternut squash and never thought of smoking.  How was it?

Hey Bear, both in the smoker for 2.5 hours.  Turkey was awesome, the squash was okay...I liked it after adding a lil more salt, wife thought it was too smokey.  Next time, one hour in the smoker and then to the oven to finish off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fagesbp View Post

They both look great. We always do the butternit squash in the oven too. I might try a little smoke on it next time too. I have always avoided turkey breast because I figured it would dry out. This thread is making me hungry for it.

What exactly is cajun mayonnaise? Blackened or super spicy? lol Those are the stereotypes I think are most common of our food.

 

fagesbp,

The turkey breast was perfect!  You should definitely give it a try.  The key is to cook it to the proper internal temperature.  I pulled these at 160* and then rested them for 30 minutes and they were awesome.

 

Cajun Mayo is just plain mayo with some Rajin Cajun seasoning added.  It was a little salty, so I think next time I will use my homemade cajun spice and leave out the salt.

 

Bill

post #32 of 33

looks yummy to me I am doing one also so and a 11 lb brisket Hope mine turns  out as good as yours looks.

post #33 of 33

I'm looking for a peppered turkey breast...have you seen that done?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Poultry
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Poultry › Turkey Breast Tenderloin - w/ Q-View