I'm going to do a brisket this weekend and thought about giving this a try. Does anyone have any experience or heard anything on this? I've used the regular Allegro marinade and it is excellent, I would expect this to be good as well. Thanks for your thoughts
Related Forum Threads
- Does anyone marinate ribs before smoking? Last post on 6/13/14 at 5:54am in Pork
- Brisket not coming up to temp (MEGA Stall)??? W/ Q-view Last post on 9/26/13 at 12:18pm in Beef
- Christmas Tenderloin Last post on 12/25/10 at 1:50pm in Beef
- AMAZE-N-SMOKER Peach Smoked Atlantic Salmon with a Sweet Garlic marinade & Q-View Last post on 8/11/10 at 8:41pm in General Discussion
- Brisket in the MES (with Q-view) Last post on 6/25/10 at 7:49am in Beef
Zesty Lemon and Orange Marinated Pork Chops with Smoke and Sear
Last edited: 11/18/11
- Cherry & Balsamic Marinated RibeyesLast edited: 8/26/11
- Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And ProcessLast edited: 9/22/12
I was able to make half a burger before the press portion of the burger maker broke. Had to finish the burgers using the machine and my hands, pushing manually. Push down handle and clip broke...
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
Has anyone tried the Allegro Brisket Marinade?post #1 of 61/15/13 at 8:25amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 61/15/13 at 8:52am
I have yet to come across the brisket marinade, but I have used the regular Allegro marinade for years on steaks. The only thing with marinating a brisket, it's not going to get very deep into the meat, depending on the thickness of the brisket. If your doing a smallish flat only, say in the 4-6 pound range, it might do fine. A better choice might be injecting the marinade into the meat in a checkerboard fashion. Or if you would rather marinade, score the fat side of the meat so that the marinade can penetrate both sides, then marinade for about 3-4 days, instead of just overnight, flipping the meat every 12 hours or so to try and get the marinade in the meat evenly. I have tried marinating in the past, but prefer to inject with a commercial injection, rub it down and smoke it. Good luck to you.post #3 of 61/15/13 at 9:08amThread Starterpost #4 of 61/15/13 at 9:08amThread Starterpost #5 of 62/12/14 at 5:19ampost #6 of 611/19/14 at 7:18am
I know this thread is old, but just to add to it for anyone else who may happen across it, just because it is a marinade doesn't mean you can't use it as an injection.
I have used Brisket Sauce for over 6 years now as an injection for my briskets.
- Has anyone tried the Allegro Brisket Marinade?
- Cherry & Balsamic Marinated Ribeyes
- › Curing bacon 3 minutes ago
- › New from Northern CA 4 minutes ago
- › Steam Cleaner 23 minutes ago
- › First smoke !!.. 30 minutes ago
- › Help! How in the world do I use this? 38 minutes ago
- › Help with a new build. 50 minutes ago
- › First wings!.. 50 minutes ago
- › How to season or seal 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Smoking duck and jalapenos 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Are you ready to rumble!!!!! March 2017 Throwdown time!!! 1 hour, 30 minutes ago
- › STUFZ-ORIGINAL STUFFED BURGER MAKER by mstphrchrstphr
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives