I'm going to do a brisket this weekend and thought about giving this a try. Does anyone have any experience or heard anything on this? I've used the regular Allegro marinade and it is excellent, I would expect this to be good as well. Thanks for your thoughts
Related Forum Threads
- Does anyone marinate ribs before smoking? Last post on 6/13/14 at 5:54am in Pork
- Brisket not coming up to temp (MEGA Stall)??? W/ Q-view Last post on 9/26/13 at 12:18pm in Beef
- Christmas Tenderloin Last post on 12/25/10 at 1:50pm in Beef
- AMAZE-N-SMOKER Peach Smoked Atlantic Salmon with a Sweet Garlic marinade & Q-View Last post on 8/11/10 at 8:41pm in General Discussion
- Brisket in the MES (with Q-view) Last post on 6/25/10 at 7:49am in Beef
Zesty Lemon and Orange Marinated Pork Chops with Smoke and Sear
Last edited: 11/18/11
- Cherry & Balsamic Marinated RibeyesLast edited: 8/26/11
- Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And ProcessLast edited: 9/22/12
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
Has anyone tried the Allegro Brisket Marinade?post #1 of 61/15/13 at 8:25amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 61/15/13 at 8:52am
I have yet to come across the brisket marinade, but I have used the regular Allegro marinade for years on steaks. The only thing with marinating a brisket, it's not going to get very deep into the meat, depending on the thickness of the brisket. If your doing a smallish flat only, say in the 4-6 pound range, it might do fine. A better choice might be injecting the marinade into the meat in a checkerboard fashion. Or if you would rather marinade, score the fat side of the meat so that the marinade can penetrate both sides, then marinade for about 3-4 days, instead of just overnight, flipping the meat every 12 hours or so to try and get the marinade in the meat evenly. I have tried marinating in the past, but prefer to inject with a commercial injection, rub it down and smoke it. Good luck to you.post #3 of 61/15/13 at 9:08amThread Starterpost #4 of 61/15/13 at 9:08amThread Starterpost #5 of 62/12/14 at 5:19ampost #6 of 611/19/14 at 7:18am
I know this thread is old, but just to add to it for anyone else who may happen across it, just because it is a marinade doesn't mean you can't use it as an injection.
I have used Brisket Sauce for over 6 years now as an injection for my briskets.
- Has anyone tried the Allegro Brisket Marinade?
- Cherry & Balsamic Marinated Ribeyes
- › Prime Rib 47 minutes ago
- › My new Akorn JR 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Weekend Success and still a day left!! 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › Beef Ribs 3 hours ago
- › New guy! 3 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › 3 whole Chickens at once to much? 3 hours, 16 minutes ago
- › Smoking Garlic Cloves 3 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › Smokestack with no firebox 4 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt instructions 4 hours, 44 minutes ago
- › What's your favorite home cooked meal?? 5 hours, 10 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ