I'm going to do a brisket this weekend and thought about giving this a try. Does anyone have any experience or heard anything on this? I've used the regular Allegro marinade and it is excellent, I would expect this to be good as well. Thanks for your thoughts
Related Forum Threads
- Does anyone marinate ribs before smoking? Last post on 6/13/14 at 5:54am in Pork
- Brisket not coming up to temp (MEGA Stall)??? W/ Q-view Last post on 9/26/13 at 12:18pm in Beef
- Christmas Tenderloin Last post on 12/25/10 at 1:50pm in Beef
- AMAZE-N-SMOKER Peach Smoked Atlantic Salmon with a Sweet Garlic marinade & Q-View Last post on 8/11/10 at 8:41pm in General Discussion
- Brisket in the MES (with Q-view) Last post on 6/25/10 at 7:49am in Beef
Zesty Lemon and Orange Marinated Pork Chops with Smoke and Sear
Last edited: 11/18/11
- Cherry & Balsamic Marinated RibeyesLast edited: 8/26/11
- Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And ProcessLast edited: 9/22/12
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
I've only had the Masterbuilt dual-fuel propane for a month now but have used it 10 times for everything from salmon to pulled pork. I had been thinking about getting a real smoker for a while now...
Has anyone tried the Allegro Brisket Marinade?post #1 of 61/15/13 at 8:25amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 61/15/13 at 8:52am
I have yet to come across the brisket marinade, but I have used the regular Allegro marinade for years on steaks. The only thing with marinating a brisket, it's not going to get very deep into the meat, depending on the thickness of the brisket. If your doing a smallish flat only, say in the 4-6 pound range, it might do fine. A better choice might be injecting the marinade into the meat in a checkerboard fashion. Or if you would rather marinade, score the fat side of the meat so that the marinade can penetrate both sides, then marinade for about 3-4 days, instead of just overnight, flipping the meat every 12 hours or so to try and get the marinade in the meat evenly. I have tried marinating in the past, but prefer to inject with a commercial injection, rub it down and smoke it. Good luck to you.post #3 of 61/15/13 at 9:08amThread Starterpost #4 of 61/15/13 at 9:08amThread Starterpost #5 of 62/12/14 at 5:19ampost #6 of 611/19/14 at 7:18am
I know this thread is old, but just to add to it for anyone else who may happen across it, just because it is a marinade doesn't mean you can't use it as an injection.
I have used Brisket Sauce for over 6 years now as an injection for my briskets.
- Has anyone tried the Allegro Brisket Marinade?
- Cherry & Balsamic Marinated Ribeyes
- › Love it .... 6 minutes ago
- › Morning, total rookie here in the smoking world. 38 minutes ago
- › Part of brisket was sticking out of cure 57 minutes ago
- › New Member 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Belly bacon, skin on or skin off? 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › CHICKEN... Safe Chicken Temperatures, Even if It’s Pink! 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › Question's & more following probably, on using cure #1 in sausage. 1 hour, 25 minutes ago
- › Been Here a Few Days... 2 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › New Member 2 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Chile's Take on Sriracha Pickled Eggs 2 hours, 15 minutes ago
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman
- › Weston Pro Series #22 Food Grinder 1HP by TripleQ