I'm going to do a brisket this weekend and thought about giving this a try. Does anyone have any experience or heard anything on this? I've used the regular Allegro marinade and it is excellent, I would expect this to be good as well. Thanks for your thoughts
Related Forum Threads
- Does anyone marinate ribs before smoking? Last post on 6/13/14 at 5:54am in Pork
- Brisket not coming up to temp (MEGA Stall)??? W/ Q-view Last post on 9/26/13 at 12:18pm in Beef
- Christmas Tenderloin Last post on 12/25/10 at 1:50pm in Beef
- AMAZE-N-SMOKER Peach Smoked Atlantic Salmon with a Sweet Garlic marinade & Q-View Last post on 8/11/10 at 8:41pm in General Discussion
- Brisket in the MES (with Q-view) Last post on 6/25/10 at 7:49am in Beef
Zesty Lemon and Orange Marinated Pork Chops with Smoke and Sear
Last edited: 11/18/11
- Cherry & Balsamic Marinated RibeyesLast edited: 8/26/11
- Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And ProcessLast edited: 9/22/12
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
The smoker came packaged very nicely and easy to assemble. The construction of it is pretty solid. I have used it twice so far and both times the smoker itself was good. I did put on a gasket...
I started out on a friends Traegar at work and made the decision to get a pellet smoker, I researched for awhile and was leaning towards the Green Mountain Grill line, I went and checked them out...
Has anyone tried the Allegro Brisket Marinade?post #1 of 61/15/13 at 8:25amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 61/15/13 at 8:52am
I have yet to come across the brisket marinade, but I have used the regular Allegro marinade for years on steaks. The only thing with marinating a brisket, it's not going to get very deep into the meat, depending on the thickness of the brisket. If your doing a smallish flat only, say in the 4-6 pound range, it might do fine. A better choice might be injecting the marinade into the meat in a checkerboard fashion. Or if you would rather marinade, score the fat side of the meat so that the marinade can penetrate both sides, then marinade for about 3-4 days, instead of just overnight, flipping the meat every 12 hours or so to try and get the marinade in the meat evenly. I have tried marinating in the past, but prefer to inject with a commercial injection, rub it down and smoke it. Good luck to you.post #3 of 61/15/13 at 9:08amThread Starterpost #4 of 61/15/13 at 9:08amThread Starterpost #5 of 62/12/14 at 5:19ampost #6 of 611/19/14 at 7:18am
I know this thread is old, but just to add to it for anyone else who may happen across it, just because it is a marinade doesn't mean you can't use it as an injection.
I have used Brisket Sauce for over 6 years now as an injection for my briskets.
- Has anyone tried the Allegro Brisket Marinade?
- Cherry & Balsamic Marinated Ribeyes
- › (newbie) Trying to figure out this whole charcoal thing 1 minute ago
- › MES won't heat to set temp 4 minutes ago
- › Costco bonless pork shoulder 6 minutes ago
- › Anyone ever order from? 17 minutes ago
- › Aftermarket "Waterproof" Maverick/Ivation/RediChek Replacement Probes 47 minutes ago
- › Bresola, and Bear's Eye round Sous Vide project 48 minutes ago
- › Charbroil deluxe digital smoker 51 minutes ago
- › Brisket drip pan 52 minutes ago
- › Suggest a sausage recipe-Beef fat and duck meat 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › 6th Annual SMF Carolinas Smokers Gathering (May 19, 20 and 21,... 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › Vision Grills Classic Kamado Charcoal Grill 596 Sq. In. Cooking... by THood
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...