I'm going to do a brisket this weekend and thought about giving this a try. Does anyone have any experience or heard anything on this? I've used the regular Allegro marinade and it is excellent, I would expect this to be good as well. Thanks for your thoughts
Related Forum Threads
- Does anyone marinate ribs before smoking? Last post on 6/13/14 at 5:54am in Pork
- Brisket not coming up to temp (MEGA Stall)??? W/ Q-view Last post on 9/26/13 at 12:18pm in Beef
- Christmas Tenderloin Last post on 12/25/10 at 1:50pm in Beef
- AMAZE-N-SMOKER Peach Smoked Atlantic Salmon with a Sweet Garlic marinade & Q-View Last post on 8/11/10 at 8:41pm in General Discussion
- Brisket in the MES (with Q-view) Last post on 6/25/10 at 7:49am in Beef
Zesty Lemon and Orange Marinated Pork Chops with Smoke and Sear
Last edited: 11/18/11
- Cherry & Balsamic Marinated RibeyesLast edited: 8/26/11
- Cherry Dry Rub Recipe And ProcessLast edited: 9/22/12
5 years ago, I bought the Smoker attachment to use as a Grill for my wife and I. Last year, I purchased the Duo Grill. Attached the Smoker immediately and took 13 months before I tried to Smoke...
This is a great smoker for the price. I bought it from Home Depot online for $149. 2 day shipping. So glad I spent the money. My only negative about this smoker is that I cannot set it above 275....
It's a real shame these smokers are not being made like this anymore. Temp control is easy with a tuning plate. Also maintenance is simple as well just like anoy other smoker.
This device offers the greatest kind of grilling possible. Recently a man from Oklahoma rolled into a major BBQ competition with one of these grills on top of a Weber Kettle and took first place in...
I have had it for years, I fire it up, I cook, I shut the dampers and let it cool. then store it. About every third cooking, I give it a though cleaning. I put on a wagon to make it mobile. If...
Has anyone tried the Allegro Brisket Marinade?post #1 of 61/15/13 at 8:25amThread Starter
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 61/15/13 at 8:52am
I have yet to come across the brisket marinade, but I have used the regular Allegro marinade for years on steaks. The only thing with marinating a brisket, it's not going to get very deep into the meat, depending on the thickness of the brisket. If your doing a smallish flat only, say in the 4-6 pound range, it might do fine. A better choice might be injecting the marinade into the meat in a checkerboard fashion. Or if you would rather marinade, score the fat side of the meat so that the marinade can penetrate both sides, then marinade for about 3-4 days, instead of just overnight, flipping the meat every 12 hours or so to try and get the marinade in the meat evenly. I have tried marinating in the past, but prefer to inject with a commercial injection, rub it down and smoke it. Good luck to you.post #3 of 61/15/13 at 9:08amThread Starterpost #4 of 61/15/13 at 9:08amThread Starterpost #5 of 62/12/14 at 5:19ampost #6 of 611/19/14 at 7:18am
I know this thread is old, but just to add to it for anyone else who may happen across it, just because it is a marinade doesn't mean you can't use it as an injection.
I have used Brisket Sauce for over 6 years now as an injection for my briskets.
- Has anyone tried the Allegro Brisket Marinade?
- Cherry & Balsamic Marinated Ribeyes
- › ThermoPro Intro Post! 2 minutes ago
- › Bob's MES 30 Analog build 5 minutes ago
- › Did some Baby Backs and a Butt this weekend!!! 11 minutes ago
- › The Secret To Good Sliced Brisket Defies Conventional Wisdom 16 minutes ago
- › Top Sirlioin Santa Maria Style 19 minutes ago
- › Smoker Build Blossoms into Massive Outdoor Kitchen Project 21 minutes ago
- › Big Weekend for the Final Smokes on my Cheap Offset 30 minutes ago
- › New York strips, mac n cheese, and grilled yellow squash 30 minutes ago
- › ThermoPro TP20 any good? 33 minutes ago
- › Did someone call Wellington 38 minutes ago
- › Char-Griller Duo Gas/Charcoal Grill by KevinJD
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by GaryW121
- › Brinkmann Cimarron Limited Deluxe Outdoor Charcoal/Wood Smoker... by ammaturesmoker
- › Santa Maria Attachment for Weber Kettles by ammaturesmoker
- › PRIMO OVAL JUNIOR GRILL/SMOKER by GrillingFool
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › How to choose a good gas grill
- › Ground Beef vs. Ground Turkey - Which Is...
- › Apple Bourbon BBQ Beans
- › Mississippi Haymaker
- › NICE HUGE SMOKER FOR SALE IN TAHLEQUAH ,OK ...
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy