My latest batch of Canadian bacon I decided to do a direct comparison of dry vs wet cure. I took 2 loins & cut each into thirds.
For the dry cured pieces I made Shooter's version, pepper bacon & left one plain for comparison. I used TQ for the dry cure.
For the wet cure I used the brine recipe posted by Pops - everyone seems to like it & it is easy to make.
Dry cured loin in the baggies wet cured in the bucket.
This was my first time doing a wet cure so I didn't add any extra spices to it. I also cut each piece in half to make sure it had cured the whole way through. Looks fine.
Into the fridge to form a pellicle. Tomorrow I will smoke them.
Updates to follow...