Well gentlemen, I think it's time to post a few pics of my build, since it is very close to completion
I started this in June when I bought a large, single door, Viking commercial SS fridge for $200. Sitting on its wheeled stand, it is over 6' tall. Seemed like bargain to me, compared to what some manufacturers want for their little units. My plan was to have it gutted, refitted with an electrical element, and up and running within a month. Ha, ha, yeah, right. Should've come to this site first, instead of when I ran into trouble.
First thing I discovered was the bane of blown-in polyurethane foam. It took me all summer to separate the inside liner from the outside shell. I have posted elsewhere that I had to poke a hole all the way down the side with a steel rod, about 5', and thread a length of chainsaw chain through it. My son and I then used it like a bucksaw to go around all three sides. That took about 1-1/2 hours of sawing. After that, I had about 4-5 large black trash bags filled with the junk. What a mess!!! I painstakingly scraped off all I could, and then took a blow torch to the residue.
View of top
After scraping out 4"+ from the top and sides
The door was easier. Removed the plastic inner side and cut it into squares, like rice crispy cookies.
More to come.
Edited by mneeley490 - 1/1/12 at 10:49pm