I was reading Alelovers post and was sold on these right away, thanks Scott.
I have seen these around before and wondered why it took me so long to make something that is this easy.
These really are.... easy to make and should not be passed up.
Decided to do these on the GOSM with Chickeroni Bites, Italian Sausage Bites and Jack Daniels Bacon Double Cheeseburger Sliders.
I'll see if I can get those posted today as well.
Will be a little busy tomorrow with doing PP for the Cub Scouts Christmas Party, yeah I took the day off to cook!
- Rub (Used my Pork Rub)
- Brown sugar
Preparation: (step by step below)
- Cut Kielbasa ½” thick
- Wrap in a half piece of thick sliced bacon,
- Fill with a 50/50 mix of brown sugar and your favorite rub, I went heavy on the brown sugar
- Grilling: Place on the grill using indirect heat. Grill 30 minutes
- Smoker: Smoke at 225° - 240° for 2 hours
- Very easy to make but had better results with wrapping the kielbasa with the bacon about 1/3rd from the bottom.
- The bacon was too high and was falling in on itself
- So easy its almost a shame not to throw some of these on if you have some free space. My dinner Guests devoured these, I really liked them as well.
- Mixing the spices.
- Halved bacon, I had to slightly stretch these out, to get two lengths out of one.
- Wrapped, Tooth-picked and ready for filling.
- On the smoker (GOSM) 225° for two hours using Hickory.
- Resting before serving.
Edited by SQWIB - 12/19/11 at 5:08am