or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Announcements › Messages for All Guests and Members › *** CABELAS DEAL ALERT ***
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*** CABELAS DEAL ALERT *** - Page 2

post #21 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by shtrdave View Post

How do these stack up to a cookshack unit? I have an older smokette, works well, but temp only to 250 and kind of small in side, but have gotten 35# of butts in it with great results.. I have never had any issues with mine, Just curious if I need one of those MES units?

 

thanks



They'll do alright, but they don't hold a candle compared to a Cookshack unit. But then a Cookshack cost a good deal more. Not apples to apples

 

post #22 of 28

Does Masterbuilt even have an all stainless model anymore?  If so, I would be interested in adding to my "stable".

 

Their website doesn't show one, and I'll be damned if I can find one on the internets...

 

My old one (sans window) is all stainless, trust me, after having to drill out the rivets (element repair) and replace with stainless screws, I know.

post #23 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by billebouy View Post

Does Masterbuilt even have an all stainless model anymore?  If so, I would be interested in adding to my "stable".

 

Their website doesn't show one, and I'll be damned if I can find one on the internets...

 

My old one (sans window) is all stainless, trust me, after having to drill out the rivets (element repair) and replace with stainless screws, I know.


Yes, but they seem to all use the same old stock picture that shows the top is black, etc.

 

Nothing like confusing people with the easy "same old picture" trick.

 

 

Bear

 

post #24 of 28



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post

Yes, but they seem to all use the same old stock picture that shows the top is black, etc.

 

Nothing like confusing people with the easy "same old picture" trick.

 

Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by billebouy View Post

Does Masterbuilt even have an all stainless model anymore?  If so, I would be interested in adding to my "stable".

 

Their website doesn't show one, and I'll be damned if I can find one on the internets...

 

My old one (sans window) is all stainless, trust me, after having to drill out the rivets (element repair) and replace with stainless screws, I know.



The last time I knew I was going to be passing thru Columbus Ga.. (Masterbuilts home) I called and asked about buying a new one at their place.

 

I was told that they do not stock new units. All they had there was returns for warranty, etc.

 

New units were shipped to whatever vendor with the appropriate emblems or marking right from China.

 

So what ever any vendor has for sale or in their warehouses is not known to Masterbuilt.

 

  Have a great day!!

 

  Craig

 

 

 

post #25 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post

Yes, but they seem to all use the same old stock picture that shows the top is black, etc.

 

Nothing like confusing people with the easy "same old picture" trick.

 

 

Bear

 



 



Quote:
Originally Posted by fpnmf View Post

 

The last time I knew I was going to be passing thru Columbus Ga.. (Masterbuilts home) I called and asked about buying a new one at their place.

 

I was told that they do not stock new units. All they had there was returns for warranty, etc.

 

New units were shipped to whatever vendor with the appropriate emblems or marking right from China.

 

So what ever any vendor has for sale or in their warehouses is not known to Masterbuilt.

 

  Have a great day!!

 

  Craig

 

 

 



Interesting stuff.  I'd stop by a retail Cabela's, but the closest one to me seems to be 700+ miles away, lol.  'Course, another 400 miles to the one it PA, and I could visit both you guys on the way up!

post #26 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpnmf View Post

 

The last time I knew I was going to be passing thru Columbus Ga.. (Masterbuilts home) I called and asked about buying a new one at their place.

 

I was told that they do not stock new units. All they had there was returns for warranty, etc.

 

New units were shipped to whatever vendor with the appropriate emblems or marking right from China.

 

So what ever any vendor has for sale or in their warehouses is not known to Masterbuilt.

 

  Have a great day!!

 

  Craig

 


Thanks Craig, I figured that, but also every internet site that sells them, including Cabela's always uses the picture of the black one with the Stainless door, no matter which one they have. That's why I tell people you gotta go there & actually see what they have.

 

Bear

 

post #27 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by billebouy View Post

 

Interesting stuff.  I'd stop by a retail Cabela's, but the closest one to me seems to be 700+ miles away, lol.  'Course, another 400 miles to the one it PA, and I could visit both you guys on the way up!



That sucks---I can be at ours in about a half hour.

The next best thing for you might be to find out the exact Model number that they have, and then do a search of your own to see what it really is.

 

There was a good guy on this forum who had a list of all the MES & their serial numbers & what they each had, but I haven't seen him for awhile.

I'll see if I can find it-----"Texacajun" I believe it was. He made his own list by asking guys what they had.

 

 

Be Back shortly,

Bear

 

On Edit:   Here's the list:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/a/masterbuilt-electric-smokehouse-models

post #28 of 28

I had just ordered one from Cabela's Weds on sale for $389, saw this thread and live chatted them and they credited me the 50 bucks! (awesome customer service)  I owe somebody a beer!beercheer.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Announcements › Messages for All Guests and Members › *** CABELAS DEAL ALERT ***