Man Thats Nice work ( Wish I was smart enough to use a cad program ) Luckily I have a son studying engineering I Guess
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- grates made from a grocery cart? Last post on 11/30/13 at 9:17am in UDS Builds
- Stainless Steel! Last post on 11/23/13 at 6:13pm in Charcoal Smokers
- Operation: Turkey Gobble. Now with bonus Q-vue! Last post on 12/18/13 at 7:36am in Reverse Flow
- My 1st UDS build!! Last post on 3/7/14 at 10:33am in UDS Builds
- UDS Build in Progress Last post on 1/12/14 at 10:52pm in UDS Builds
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is actually a review for Traegers customer service. I don't own a Traeger, but I borrowed and damaged one. I have a Yoder 640. I had loaded 70lbs of pork into it, and went to bed. In the...
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Overall I am very pleased with my Smoke Hollow smoker. IT is a great unit for me, I bought at Sams for less than 400 after taxes. The entire unit itself comes in at over 76 inches in total length...
I've only had the Masterbuilt dual-fuel propane for a month now but have used it 10 times for everything from salmon to pulled pork. I had been thinking about getting a real smoker for a while now...
"Baron Von Schwein" 120 Gallon Horizontal Tank RF Build. QVIEW! - Page 15
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
We are having issues procuring a trailer. Used utility trailers go for no less then $400 in our area. Any advice on finding one cheaper or any other mobile options?
We will definitely think about lowering the smoke stack. Ill have to look around at some other RF builds...
I have attempted to rotate the images many times as well.
What I used for a trailer was the frame off of a 12' camp trailer. If you hit up a junk yard you can pick them up fairly cheap and the up side is you will have a suspension so you don't shake and pound the heck out of your new smoker. I got my frame for $150 and most older campers are low to the ground so you can set the height of your pit to fit you. The bottom of my doors are set at counter top height.
dont ever use you ss number,things have changed . i know in years past it was recommended to scribe your social on things but crooks have gotten crafty and can steal your fortune with just those numbers. great looking pit,your sister should be proud she inspired it.
Sounds like you have already decided on a trailer which I would highly recommend and as another post recommended, add a burner. While you may not want to get crazy right now, I'd also recommend factoring in space for a large chopping/pulling board. My father-in-law recently built a cooker using the traditional 250 gallon oil tank with two burners and a chopping board and it's amazing how much that improved the basic design and how much more convenient it is to have all the necessary accoutrements on the trailer. He also had the trailer built out of junk yard parts as opposed to retrofitting a commercial trailer. Have fun.
I like the tall stack....it makes a huge difference..
There it is! Isnt it beautiful!? Picked it up from the blaster today ($60 for grates and everything), painted it (with the much appreciated help from Cororumrex) with some rust-oleum high temp paint, and atttached the gages and the handle. Cant believe I'm finished (for now)! The wedding is on the 30th so we will have plenty of pics from that and will most likely fire it up next weekend for a trial run. Thanks for all the help quys! This forum was a huge part of making this smoker what it is. Enjoy the pics!
- "Baron Von Schwein" 120 Gallon Horizontal Tank RF Build. QVIEW!
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › apple wood 30 minutes ago
- › Smoking food for wood 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Applewood Smoked Apple Dumplings 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › Rib-Eyes, Stuffed Mushrooms & Garlic Toast 1 hour, 51 minutes ago
- › I need some help very badly (getting thin blue line of smoke) 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › Chicken breast 2 hours, 8 minutes ago
- › Smoking in Thailand, maybe... 2 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Question's & more following probably, on using cure #1 in sausage. 2 hours, 19 minutes ago
- › New member 2 hours, 40 minutes ago
- › Hello everyone. New here 2 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by montanashawn
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona
- › Weber 711001 Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, 14.5-Inch by Cornman
- › Weston Pro Series #22 Food Grinder 1HP by TripleQ