Philly Cheesesteak with Bacon and Fried Onions.
I had posted this 9/24/10 with a general smoke but no recipe so I am re posting with the recipe now.
- 4 slices Provolone
- 6 slices American Cheese
- 1 Pillsbury Classic Pizza Crust or Thin Pizza Crust
- 5 pieces of Beef Chip Steaks
- ½ an onion chopped
- 1 lb of bacon
- Set out 3 pieces of Provolone cheeses to come up to room temperature
- Lay out 3 pieces of Beef Chip steaks on aluminum foil overlapping by 1 inch and allow to thaw.
- Cook 4 slices of bacon until crispy set aside, sauté chopped onions set aside Cook 2 slices of Beef chip steaks, chopped, place in fridge.
- Layout an 8” x 8” Bacon weave on plastic wrap.
- When the beef chip steaks are pliable, place 2 slices Provolone cheese on top of the Beef chip steak, remove the onions, cooked steak and bacon from the fridge and place on top of the Provolone cheese, make sure to leave 1” space on all 4 sides flatten as much as possible.
- Place 2 - 3 slices of American cheese and 2 more provolone slices on top of cooked meat * Tip, tear up the cheese for better rolling
- Using the aluminum foil and FOLD the fattie tucking everything inside.
- Place the rolled Beef Chip Steak on one end of the bacon weave and roll tightly, tucking in the sides.
- Smoke at 225 250 for 2 -3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350, roll out pizza dough place 3 slices of American cheese in center of dough, place Fattie top side down in center of pizza dough,tuck in sides and roll up ends.
- The seam will be at the top, so when placing onto cookie sheet roll over so seam is on the bottom make sure seam is at the bottom, bake until crust is golden brown. Approximately 20 minutes.