SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Fish › My take on Smoked Cioppino W/Qview
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My take on Smoked Cioppino W/Qview

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 

Yesterday I made a salsa hot vary hot from jalapenos and red bird eye chili .so I decided to put it to a taste

I got in the freezer mussels, shrimps and squid.

I peeled the shrimps the shell I put in a pot with water, onion and  a chopped   carrot to boil and make a stock for the dish.  

 

m_DSC05489.jpg

 

m_DSC05491.jpg

 

m_DSC05493.jpg

 

m_DSC05498.jpg

 

The mussels  and the shrimps I put in the smoker 190 for 45 minutes with oak. 

 

m_DSC05500.jpg

 

When the stock is ready  I  strained  it and add to the stock  diced potatoes, a tab of tomato paste ,a tsp of sugar, 2 tbsp of my salsa ,salt , black pepper  and the squid .

And it must boil for an hour so the squid will soften. 

m_DSC05505.jpg

 

m_DSC05502.jpg

 

m_DSC05501.jpg

 

m_DSC05503.jpg

 

m_DSC05508.jpg

 

After an hour I added the shrimps and ½ of the mussels to the stock (now it is a thick sauce)

For 10 minutes. 

 

m_DSC05509.jpg

 

m_DSC05512.jpg

 

m_DSC05511.jpg

 

Now you can serve it. 

 

m_DSC05513.jpg

 

m_DSC05516.jpg

 

m_DSC05517.jpg

 

With the other ½ of the mussels I left it in the smoker for another 1 ½ hour and I put it in a jar with vegetable oil for future salad. 

 

m_DSC05519.jpg

 

m_DSC05520.jpg

 

Thanks for looking  at my post

 

post #2 of 13

Looks like a perfect meal!

 

Good luck and good smoking.

post #3 of 13

That looks fantastic Ahron. I'd love to taste it.

post #4 of 13

Great looking cioppino, I love that stuff. drool.gif

post #5 of 13

drool.gif  Looks amazing and so delicious !

 

Rich

post #6 of 13

Holy Mackerel!!!

 

Awesome----You're really testing my keyboard, Ahron!!!!

 

In case you didn't know, an iMac keyboard was NOT made to work under water !!!!!

 

You really make some awesome stuff I never saw or heard of before!!!!

 

Thanks Buddy!

 

Bear

post #7 of 13

Well played indeed!

post #8 of 13

Ahron, I'm glad you are alternating seafood with red smoked cured meats.  You will be here for a long long long long time driving me crazy.....

 

Thanks.......Dave

post #9 of 13

Looks delicious Ahron!

 

You have been coming up with some great recipes lately!

 

Keep it up!

 

                                      bravo.png

post #10 of 13
Thread Starter 



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venture View Post

Looks like a perfect meal!

 

Good luck and good smoking.



  Thanks it was  great did not need to clean the pot

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Gros Cochon View Post

That looks fantastic Ahron. I'd love to taste it.


   Thanks it is easy fly to NY and from NY to cape town .i will give you a plate .
 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by meateater View Post

Great looking cioppino, I love that stuff. drool.gif



 Thanks

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanBear View Post

drool.gif  Looks amazing and so delicious !

 

Rich



 Thanks Rich

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post

Holy Mackerel!!!

 

Awesome----You're really testing my keyboard, Ahron!!!!

 

In case you didn't know, an iMac keyboard was NOT made to work under water !!!!!

 

You really make some awesome stuff I never saw or heard of before!!!!

 

Thanks Buddy!

 

Bear



 I am sorry Bear but my daughters iMac keyboard is  Waterproofed 

 


i did not know  i will be moor careful next time.Thanks biggrin.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob73 View Post

Well played indeed!


Thanks
 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOmak View Post

Ahron, I'm glad you are alternating seafood with red smoked cured meats.  You will be here for a long long long long time driving me crazy.....

 

Thanks.......Dave


 Hi Dave looks i got a new job i am a driver i drive you crazy, i drive my wife crazy and i drive my neighbors crazy .looks like i do a good job.laugh1.gif
 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAl View Post

Looks delicious Ahron!

 

You have been coming up with some great recipes lately!

 

Keep it up!

 

                                      bravo.png



 Thanks AL. some from other countries and some from my head 

 

post #11 of 13

That looks awesome Ahron, great job.

post #12 of 13

Looks great,using the prawn shells for stock very classic french cookery. Did you crush them with a potato masher while they were simmering?The potatoes  make me think of portugese caldiera ,a bit of smoked paprika for next time maybe ?Or even a bit of that smoked chorizo? I have 45,000 people born in Portugal,let alone born here of Portugese heritage, living 5 minutes from me . Your dish looks/sounds absolutely smashing.drool.gifWallabies for Bledisloe on saturdayyahoo.gif

post #13 of 13
Thread Starter 



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moikel View Post

Looks great,using the prawn shells for stock very classic french cookery. Did you crush them with a potato masher while they were simmering?The potatoes  make me think of portugese caldiera ,a bit of smoked paprika for next time maybe ?Or even a bit of that smoked chorizo? I have 45,000 people born in Portugal,let alone born here of Portugese heritage, living 5 minutes from me . Your dish looks/sounds absolutely smashing.drool.gifWallabies for Bledisloe on saturdayyahoo.gif


    Thanks Moikel ,no i add to the potato's the squid and simmer it long because the squid ,For squid to be soft or you cook it quick or long time.so some of the potato's (the small ones) will melt.and will thicken the sauce.

  the shrimps and the mussels gave it a strong smoky flavor.but the chorizo is a good idea next time.you so lucky the Portuguese food is so good i love it .we used to be next to a big Portuguese community

when we lived in Johannesburg .

 

Sorry it is not your or mine this year the All Blacks got it again imagesCAKNGNAC.jpg


 

 


Edited by africanmeat - 8/6/11 at 5:15am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Fish
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Fish › My take on Smoked Cioppino W/Qview