I've received some PM's, Emails and Phone Calls about pellets not burning in the New A-MAZE-N-PELLET-SMOKER(AMNPS).
Each time I've been able to get the customer going.
Reasons Why the AMNPS Stops Burning
Not Started Properly
- Not Enough Heat During Start Up - Use Propane Torch for Approx. 30 Seconds Thru The Starting Hole
- A Small Flame Needs to Appear on top the Pellets
- Allow the Flame to Burn for Approx. 5-10 Minutes and Then Blow Out Flame Before You Put The AMNPS Inside Your Smoker
- You Need a Good Bed of Coals going, to Keep the AMNPS Burning
Not Enough Ventilation
- Open Intake Vents and Exhaust Vents 100% to Start and Adjust Accordingly
- Gas or Charcoal Can Consume all the Available Oxygen - Place AMNPS Closer to Intake Vent
Too Much Humidity In the Smoker
- Don't fill the water Pan - Use a Small Pan For Water if Necessary
- Damp Wood Just Does Not Burn Well
- Good Quality Pellets Burn Better - Try Different Pellets
- Pull Chip Pan Out 1 1/2" - This Increases Air Flow
- Remove Chip Loader During Cold Smoking
- DO NOT Remove Chip Loader During Hot Smoking
As you gain confidence in your New AMNPS, you can alter the instructions.
I'm sure guys will add their own "Tips and Tricks", but this is a start.