Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- grates made from a grocery cart? Last post on 11/30/13 at 9:17am in UDS Builds
- Stainless Steel! Last post on 11/23/13 at 6:13pm in Charcoal Smokers
- Operation: Turkey Gobble. Now with bonus Q-vue! Last post on 12/18/13 at 7:36am in Reverse Flow
- My 1st UDS build!! Last post on 3/7/14 at 10:33am in UDS Builds
- UDS Build in Progress Last post on 1/12/14 at 10:52pm in UDS Builds
Last edited: 9/29/13
- Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse Heating Element Upgrade How ToLast edited: 11/18/10
- Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse Wiring UpgradeLast edited: 7/31/12
- Brinkmann Gourmet Low Budget Mods How To W PicsLast edited: 4/27/11
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Master Forge Vertical Gasser Mods - Page 2
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #22 of 264/8/15 at 11:01am
What was the felt called on Amazon? I have this same smoker and my stove gasket is coming unglued after 3 years. My daughter is also buying one this week for her husbands birthday.
I'm thinking I'll replace mine with this stuff. Maybe help set his up like yours right off the bat.
Todd M.post #23 of 264/8/15 at 12:16pmTodd,
Attached a pic. Hope it works for you. No issues with the application so far.
Chrispost #24 of 264/8/15 at 12:57pmpost #25 of 266/23/15 at 12:36pm
We upgraded my son in law's smoker with this gasket a couple months back. It has held up far better than my rope gasket and sealer application. The rope gaskets do tend to delaminate after awhile. I will be changing mine over to this flat variety this weekend.
Next up are the pan mods and vent reversal.
Thanks!post #26 of 2610/21/15 at 2:08pm
Started a new thread to get some feedback on a recent mod we did to my Master Forge Gasser.
Edited by tjmitche - 10/26/15 at 10:56am
- Master Forge Vertical Gasser Mods
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse Heating Element Upgrade How To
- › Brats and Kraut! 5 minutes ago
- › New member from Connecticut 6 minutes ago
- › Sauerkraut 22 minutes ago
- › Offset smokers vs. drum smokers in regards to taste of the meat 22 minutes ago
- › Spatchcocking the bird 26 minutes ago
- › BDSkelly ~ NY Strips. First Burn on the Lodge Sportsman Grill /... 29 minutes ago
- › GMG Jim Bowie 1st Butt Smoke Qview 46 minutes ago
- › Yoder 640 in NE Indiana 54 minutes ago
- › Pit Beef Brisket w/ Burgundy-Orange Sauce 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Building a smoker base/legs - 1.5" square tubing 14 ga? 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona