Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- grates made from a grocery cart? Last post on 11/30/13 at 9:17am in UDS Builds
- Stainless Steel! Last post on 11/23/13 at 6:13pm in Charcoal Smokers
- Operation: Turkey Gobble. Now with bonus Q-vue! Last post on 12/18/13 at 7:36am in Reverse Flow
- My 1st UDS build!! Last post on 3/7/14 at 10:33am in UDS Builds
- UDS Build in Progress Last post on 1/12/14 at 10:52pm in UDS Builds
Last edited: 9/29/13
- Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse Heating Element Upgrade How ToLast edited: 11/18/10
- Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse Wiring UpgradeLast edited: 7/31/12
- Brinkmann Gourmet Low Budget Mods How To W PicsLast edited: 4/27/11
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
This thermometer is very accurate and the distance to the monitor is really good. I have had no problems with the probes as others have stated. BUT......it is a big pain to program!!!! Actually I...
Master Forge Vertical Gasser Mods - Page 2
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #22 of 264/8/15 at 11:01am
What was the felt called on Amazon? I have this same smoker and my stove gasket is coming unglued after 3 years. My daughter is also buying one this week for her husbands birthday.
I'm thinking I'll replace mine with this stuff. Maybe help set his up like yours right off the bat.
Todd M.post #23 of 264/8/15 at 12:16pmTodd,
Attached a pic. Hope it works for you. No issues with the application so far.
Chrispost #24 of 264/8/15 at 12:57pmpost #25 of 266/23/15 at 12:36pm
We upgraded my son in law's smoker with this gasket a couple months back. It has held up far better than my rope gasket and sealer application. The rope gaskets do tend to delaminate after awhile. I will be changing mine over to this flat variety this weekend.
Next up are the pan mods and vent reversal.
Thanks!post #26 of 2610/21/15 at 2:08pm
Started a new thread to get some feedback on a recent mod we did to my Master Forge Gasser.
Edited by tjmitche - 10/26/15 at 10:56am
- Master Forge Vertical Gasser Mods
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Masterbuilt Electric Smokehouse Heating Element Upgrade How To
- › "quick smoked?" salmon 10 minutes ago
- › smoked eggs in shell 25 minutes ago
- › Charcuterie overload 31 minutes ago
- › Questions about Firebrick and Mortar 38 minutes ago
- › Can i hang my UMAi in my basement? 44 minutes ago
- › Wood fired pizza oven? 47 minutes ago
- › Sourdough bread 51 minutes ago
- › Question on Kettle grill quality 54 minutes ago
- › I know what I'm doing this weekend... 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › St Pattys Day sous vide 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations