Here in the NW winds and rain are an issue for me while smoking (or trying to smoke). After researching other posts here I decided to build a 3 sided shelter for the MF to counteract the nasty weather which will probably continue for a few more months at least. Now, I know it's not a thing of beauty but it worked like a charm on my smoked salmon last night. I intend to paint it when the weather warms up and I'm thinking of having the GF paint some dancing pigs and maybe some chickens running through flames on it for grins. I also did door mods with 3/8 inch fiberglass rope used in wood stoves to contain massive amounts of smoke that was escaping. I figured if smoke was leaking out like a sieve so was heat, making it harder to control chamber temps on longer smokes. Also noticed before the build the flame had a lot of yellow, not good. Afterwards the flame was a steady blue as recommended. I was able to hold a steady 250 for hours on a test. Felt good with the results and money spent even though my carpentry skills pretty much suck.
3/4" plywood...will add casters so I can move it around without getting a hernia
before door mod....smoke leaking out everywhere
fiberglass rope installed around both doors
door mod worked great....smoke out the vent only