Hey all getting ready for my first fridge build. Got her all gutted and ready to start ordering equipment. My primary uses will be Jerky, Salmon, and later getting into sausage. She should not see temps much higher then 180. I have other tools for the hot stuff! So far here is what I'm thinking:
1. PID with the ramp function for doing sausage at some point. I want one with at least 2 thermocouple inputs. Seems like one from Auber will be the way to go. I can't tell if this one has more than one input http://www.auberins.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=4&zenid=0d37c79f383601624dbde5f28d2ac241
Guess an email to Auber will be in order. Any regrets from anyone who has used one of these?
2. 1500 watt element. Not sure what to do here. I've seen the links for drillspot, but those seem pretty spendy compared to the 1500 watt element at Cabelas.
3. I found some drying racks from an online bakery supply that seem like they would work
4. I'll add some sort of drip pan between the element and food.
5. amns for smoke. Options started out with the Bradley generator, Smoke Daddy, and a hot plate. AMNS seems like the best rated solution for cold and hot smokes. I may want to do cheese, eggs, or fish prior to canning and that would take a cold smoke.
Any thing you would do different and why? Any thing I'm missing?
Here's a pic of her before demo: