The rules have been updated to reflect exactly what Masterbuilt wants so read them carefully. I apologize for the initial lack of clarity in how the contest was supposed to be handled..
I am so excited to announce a brand new contest that we have put together with Masterbuilt for the month of November. Masterbuilt has put up for grabs a brand new Masterbuilt 40-inch Electric Smokehouse and here's how to get a chance at winning one of these for your very own:
Type or paste your very own favorite smoking recipe into this thread making sure to include ingredients and clear instructions for preparing and smoking the food. Once you are satisfied with it, hit the submit button to post it.
Once your recipe is posted, head over to the Masterbuilt Facebook page and hit the "Like" button at the top of the page. If you are not a Facebook user, you will be prompted to do a quick sign-up first which is pretty easy and painless and there is no obligation to fill out your complete profile right away. Once you are signed up for Facebook, you can then go to the Masterbuilt Facebook page and hit the "Like" button at the top of the page.
So.. to recap how to get a chance at winning this beautiful smoking machine:
- Post your very own recipe that you like to smoke on the smoker.
- "Like" the Masterbuilt Facebook page
- Cross your fingers!
How the Top Finalist and Winner will be Chosen
Masterbuilt will choose the 5-6 top finalists and actually cook/smoke those recipes. A team of tasters will choose a winner from that group.
A Few Important Notes:
- Posting multiple recipes DO increase your chance of being in the group of finalists
- It is ok if your recipe is similar to others or inspired by another recipe but try to put a twist on it or do something a little different to make it uniquely yours. Add comments, instructions, etc. as required to make sure the recipes are prepared exactly as you would do them. NO copy/pasted recipes from other sites allowed.
- Try to think outside of the box.. many recipes cooked in the home oven could easily be cooked in a smoker. If you have a favorite recipe that would also work in the smoker then post it.
- Please direct all questions about this contest to me via a PM and I will get you an answer as soon as possible.
- Please refrain from complaining, bickering or pre-judging other contestants recipe entries, If there is a problem with any recipe it will be noticed and handled, if necessary, by the administration of this forum. (just a nice way of saying, "mind your own recipe business.. leave the rest to us"
- Be sure to click on the "Like" button at the top of the Masterbuilt Facebook page as this is what finalizes your entry or entries. If you are already a member of the Masterbuilt Facebook page then this step will not be necessary.
- Pics are nice but not required to enter this contest
Here are a few more details about that smoker:
Using your favorite wood, recipe and food, you can smoke your own delicacies with the Masterbuilt 40-
inch Electric Smokehouse.
Backyard chefs can watch their masterpieces cook before their eyes through a built-in glass viewing
window. Home cooks can dazzle their family and friends with an array of culinary treats that make
mouths water and stomachs growl.
Four racks provide 930-square inches of cooking space to smoke nearly anything the home entertainer
desires – sausage, chicken, ham, fish, jerky, vegetables and more. Just a cup of your favorite wood
smoldering in the electrically heated, removable wood chute helps create the perfect, natural flavor
Digital controls help make culinary masterpieces. The heating element adjusts from 100° to 275°
with a push of a button and is regulated by a digital thermostat, providing consistently even cooking
temperatures. A built-in meat probe displays the internal temperature of the food you're smoking so
that you reach lip-smacking perfection with ease.
Other useful features include:
Chrome-coated smoking racks
Convenient side wood-chip loader
Removable drip pan and rear-mounted grease pan
Making great food at home is easy and safe. Cooks can check the temperature of the meat they're
smoking without opening the door, preventing the escape of precious smoke and moisture.
Ribs, brisket, pork butt and more turn out with smoky greatness. Nearly any wood for smoking - almond
to apple, hickory to oak –helps create succulent food in the high-quality and reliable Masterbuilt Electric