I tried to follow up on another post, but it didn't bring it to the top, so here is a new one with a couple of minor mods I made for my probes. I found this piece of steel scrap at work... drilled a few holes, painted it and secured it to the end of my pit with large 3/16" rivets. Seems pretty solid and probably allows room for three units if I needed to. I also drilled (and deburred) a couple of holes just large enough for the temp probes to pass through. I hope this will keep me from slamming my lid shut on them. I know that several people have had issues with the temp probes, and some have suggested that shutting the lid on the wires might have contributed to the problem. Who knows, just one more thing to eliminate. That's about it... no big deal, just wanted to share some ideas and pics. Both units seemed to calibrate to the same temps (32-33* in ice water and 208* in boiling water). I would recommend these... $19 at Lowes.