Hawg Heaven Rub
Last edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
- Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for PorkLast edited: 10/5/13
- Tutorial Sealing Mated Steam Pans With FoilLast edited: 5/1/11
- Smoking RibsLast edited: 1/8/12
Grilling is a form of cooking that involves dry heat applied to the surface of food, commonly from above or below (as in North America). It is sometimes incorrectly referred to as barbecuing which is a slow cooking technique. Please post SMOKING posts in the PORK section; only GRILLING posts here (like GRILLING steaks at high heat, etc.)
Grilling usually involves a significant amount of direct, radiant heat, and tends to be used for cooking meat quickly. Food to be grilled is cooked on a grill (an open wire grid such as a gridiron with a heat source above or below), a grill pan (similar to a frying pan, but with raised ridges to mimic the wires of an open grill), or griddle (a flat plate heated from below). Heat transfer to the food when using a grill is primarily via thermal radiation. Heat transfer when using a grill pan or griddle is by direct conduction. In the United States and Canada, when the heat source for grilling comes from above, grilling is termed broiling. In this case, the pan that holds the food is called a broiler pan, and heat transfer is by thermal radiation.
Direct heat grilling can expose food to temperatures often in excess of 260 °C (500 °F). Grilled meat acquires a distinctive roast aroma and flavor from a chemical process called the Maillard reaction. The Maillard reaction only occurs when foods reach temperatures in excess of 155 °C (310 °F).
Thread Last Post Replies Viewsstarted by lal357 (9/17/17 at 6:14am)9/17/17 at 2:01pm by b-one 4 69started by wanna-be-smoker (6/11/17 at 7:46am)9/3/17 at 10:30am by Rings R Us 8 257started by SmokinVegasBaby (7/9/17 at 10:33am)8/26/17 at 8:51am by bhonestBBQ 5 155started by JBellard (8/25/17 at 10:13pm)8/26/17 at 6:00am by JBellard 2 70started by Patgreat (8/24/17 at 5:11pm)8/24/17 at 6:08pm by Noboundaries 1 108started by wrestler75 (8/22/17 at 7:45pm)8/23/17 at 9:34am by GaryHibbert 2 78started by Froman524 (8/8/17 at 9:50am)8/8/17 at 9:59am by SmokinAl 1 92started by MossyMO (8/6/17 at 10:48am)8/6/17 at 11:29am by Bearcarver 1 112started by MossyMO (8/4/17 at 12:32pm)8/5/17 at 8:14pm by AB Canuck 11 183started by thinsmoke (8/4/17 at 6:41pm)8/5/17 at 2:58am by SmokinAl 4 151started by wrestler75 (8/3/17 at 8:02pm)8/4/17 at 4:10am by chestnutbloom 2 90started by Valar05 (7/13/17 at 7:01am)7/25/17 at 8:52pm by mike5051 7 221started by BrendanG (7/21/17 at 7:37pm)7/22/17 at 3:33pm by Robin Squires 3 2647/21/17 at 7:42pm by BrendanG 56 1,774started by b-one (6/14/17 at 4:57pm)7/21/17 at 7:00am by Rings R Us 3 198started by SmokeyMose (7/4/17 at 9:24am)7/4/17 at 11:36am by SmokeyMose 4 128started by Noboundaries (6/30/17 at 6:43pm)7/1/17 at 4:25pm by Noboundaries 2 109started by tsytsa (6/30/17 at 6:19pm)7/1/17 at 3:53pm by b-one 4 336started by Robin Squires (7/1/17 at 10:19am)7/1/17 at 10:19am by Robin Squires 0 330started by sinner (6/30/17 at 2:40pm)6/30/17 at 2:40pm by sinner 0 120started by mneeley490 (6/29/17 at 9:16pm)6/30/17 at 3:25am by SmokinAl 1 225started by SmokedChuck (6/29/17 at 7:16pm)6/29/17 at 7:16pm by SmokedChuck 0 126started by PopPop (6/15/17 at 10:51am)6/16/17 at 9:51pm by Foamheart 19 390started by Brained121 (6/4/17 at 6:27pm)6/6/17 at 5:33am by Brained121 7 318started by FWIsmoker (6/1/17 at 5:43pm)6/2/17 at 7:56pm by c farmer 5 207started by bird nerd (5/26/17 at 9:46pm)5/27/17 at 6:35pm by bird nerd 1 131started by MossyMO (10/15/16 at 9:08am)5/25/17 at 5:41pm by b-one 3 487started by FWIsmoker (5/23/17 at 7:53pm)5/25/17 at 7:28am by FWIsmoker 8 260started by stone1221 (5/14/17 at 7:00pm)5/20/17 at 6:42pm by stone1221 5 313started by Paul72 (5/20/17 at 2:54am)5/20/17 at 6:36pm by Paul72 14 1775/16/17 at 11:32am by Disco 34 1,3325/13/17 at 11:48am by DaveOmak 22 4855/10/17 at 9:26am by northern accent 20 442started by c farmer (4/25/17 at 7:04pm)5/9/17 at 10:23am by AgnesJaneen 15 258started by broncocoach45 (4/22/17 at 7:35pm)5/8/17 at 5:38pm by Shyzabrau 7 467started by trundle888 (4/30/17 at 5:47pm)5/4/17 at 8:44pm by mike5051 8 391started by FWIsmoker (5/3/17 at 8:22am)5/4/17 at 6:53am by FWIsmoker 7 189started by broncocoach45 (5/3/17 at 11:44am)5/3/17 at 3:12pm by schlotz 4 131started by Nate Brown (4/30/17 at 9:22am)4/30/17 at 11:07am by SmokinAl 1 247started by Travisty (4/17/17 at 10:50am)4/26/17 at 7:54pm by Disco 5 160started by Spiffy (4/24/17 at 1:25am)4/24/17 at 1:25am by Spiffy 0 150started by Arn24 (4/21/17 at 6:23pm)4/22/17 at 9:29pm by Arn24 10 176started by Matt75 (4/16/17 at 5:44pm)4/20/17 at 10:44am by MyOwnIdaho 5 410started by BigFitz (4/17/17 at 8:05am)4/17/17 at 7:58pm by Travisty 7 697started by trundle888 (4/11/17 at 11:20am)4/14/17 at 8:57pm by trundle888 10 2,202started by nickm62388 (4/9/17 at 8:46am)4/9/17 at 6:41pm by Joe Black 2 380started by Hillbilly Jim (3/28/17 at 1:52pm)3/29/17 at 5:40am by Hillbilly Jim 5 199started by wklkjn (3/22/17 at 3:28pm)3/22/17 at 6:18pm by mike5051 2 237started by broncocoach45 (3/20/17 at 2:58pm)3/21/17 at 7:40am by gr0uch0 5 339started by Bear1007 (3/9/17 at 8:19am)3/11/17 at 7:08am by Brud 2 142
- Grilling Pork
- Here Piggy Piggy Brine
- › EZ Raised Beds 4 minutes ago
- › New smoker in Indiana 12 minutes ago
- › Greetings from Livonia, Mchigan 13 minutes ago
- › Ribs done in 2.5 hours??? 13 minutes ago
- › Smoked Chicken Fajitas 14 minutes ago
- › I made a HOT alley. 24 minutes ago
- › First Tri Tip 26 minutes ago
- › QUESTIONS for you MES30/40 users 26 minutes ago
- › 1st Smoker Build - 300 gallon Reverse Flow 30 minutes ago
- › question about venison hindquarters 37 minutes ago
- › Char-Griller Duo Gas/Charcoal Grill by KevinJD
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by GaryW121
- › Brinkmann Cimarron Limited Deluxe Outdoor Charcoal/Wood Smoker... by ammaturesmoker
- › Santa Maria Attachment for Weber Kettles by ammaturesmoker
- › PRIMO OVAL JUNIOR GRILL/SMOKER by GrillingFool
- › REC TEC Wood Pellet Grill - Featuring Smart Grill TechnologyTM by biz302
- › Brinkmann Smoke N Pit Pitmaster Deluxe Charcoal/Wood Smoker and Grill by Skinnyj
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by alteredstates
- › Camp Chef SMV24S 24" Smoke Vault - SMV24S by jond36
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Utah Smoker
- › Ground Beef vs. Ground Turkey - Which Is...
- › Apple Bourbon BBQ Beans
- › Mississippi Haymaker
- › NICE HUGE SMOKER FOR SALE IN TAHLEQUAH ,OK ...
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods