What to replace my recteq rt700 with

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

IAfaug1967

Original poster
Feb 9, 2024
Looking to replace my Recteq lt700, its 6 years old out of warranty, the paint is flaking off the inside badly and im pretty sure the control box is going out.
what recteq the backyard or the flagship? or is there some other brand to consider in that price range
thanks.

^^^^^ What Maiko said. My fire rod was 7 years old when it quit working. They sent me one for free. Have you thoought about sanding down your 700 and repainting? My Mini is 9 years old with the same paint problem. One of my summer projects is to sand it down an repaint with high heat paint. Much cheaper than buying a new smoker.

^^^^^ What Maiko said. My fire rod was 7 years old when it quit working. They sent me one for free. Have you thoought about sanding down your 700 and repainting? My Mini is 9 years old with the same paint problem. One of my summer projects is to sand it down an repaint with high heat paint. Much cheaper than buying a new smoker.
Another option, if you're allergic to hard labor (like me 😁), would be to let your local auto body shop sandblast it for you and then repaint it. Still cheaper than buying a new smoker.

FYI there is no paint on the inside, that is creosote, scrape and keep on smoking
This! the creosote flakes off mine annually after it sits in the freezing cold winter. Wire brush it and vacuum it out. Call RT about the controller. I know they replaced more than one for free. I read a guy got the new version free just for asking. Or just buy one.

Must be a flyby nighter, not seen since the 5th, may never hear back to see what happened lol

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky