Shot gun shells

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

irvin78787884

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jan 17, 2023
Unionville PA
Got the shotgun shells prepared for tomorrow. Queso dip and cheese beer brats also gonna go on the old faithful smoker. Stay tuned.

Attachments

• IMG_4323.jpeg
    IMG_4323.jpeg
    261.9 KB · Views: 52
Good looking spread. I've heard others talk about the crunchy noodles. Not sure how they got around it.

Jim
Thanks. I will be looking into it also. Maybe it’s norm idk to be continued. It’s only the second time I have done them. The flavor was great tho.

Reactions: JLeonard
To remedy the crunchy noodle, stuff and bacon wrap the night before. During that time the moisture from the bacon and stuffing will help to pre soften the pasta
I did do that I did them at like 8pm lastnight I am thinking and it seems when eating atleast on the ends the wasn’t fully covered is the crunchy part so I think some of them need more bacon wrapped on them.

Funny, I had a reel pop up on instagram for shotgun shells. They said to hold for 24 hours in the fridge prior to cooking, Moisture from bacon and meat softens the shell. these are still on my list to make!

Jim

Funny, I had a reel pop up on instagram for shotgun shells. They said to hold for 24 hours in the fridge prior to cooking, Moisture from bacon and meat softens the shell. these are still on my list to make!

Jim
I did oven night maybe 24hrs would work. If u do it that way let me know how it goes.

Reactions: JLeonard
Last batch I made, I soaked the shells for a few minutes in warm water just prior to stuffing. Neither hard nor soggy, but still pliable enough to stuff. It seemed to do the trick.

I will have to remember that when I do them again thanks
I should mention, that after that, I did let them sit in the fridge overnight, also.

Reactions: irvin78787884
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky