Is Amazon Prime still a good deal ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Amazon gave me an option to " pause " my Prime subscription. I took them up on it.

I immediately get an email listing all the benefits I gain from giving them $140.

The only item on this list that I use is the free shipping and I believe I can get around that by combining items and not needing one day delivery, which btw, this one day delivery here in OKC, is sporadic.

I'm a cord cutter and I subscribe to other streaming services like YouTube TV, Discovery +, Paramount +, Peacock, and ESPN + that offer me more than I can watch, or have the desire to watch.

I also have a Tablo DVR and there's a whole lotta OTA programming that's free.

Here's the list

Prime gives you access to exclusive members-only benefits:
  • Free One-Day Delivery on tens of millions of items
  • Unlimited instant streaming of thousands of movies and TV episodes
  • Free streaming of more than two million songs plus thousands of playlists and stations
  • Free game content and ad-free viewing on Twitch.tv
  • Unlimited access to over a thousand books, magazines, comics and Kindle Singles
  • Unlimited listening to original audio series from Audible
  • Unlimited photo storage, accessible anywhere you are
  • 30-minute early access to select Amazon Lightning Deals
  • And more

Try buying an incandescent light bulb at Home Depot. Good luck. But, I can get them on Amazon for the same price and, yes, free shipping in a day or so.

I'll stick with Amazon.

I don't want to buy any more incandescent bulbs. And if I did, I would not need one tomorrow. Amazon offers shipping options that would get it here free without paying for Prime.

Reactions: Smoking Allowed
I don't want to buy any more incandescent bulbs. And if I did, I would not need one tomorrow. Amazon offers shipping options that would get it here free without paying for Prime.
I'm not here to get in to a discussion on whether or not someone should buy incandescent bulbs or not. I am just saying that finding many things in a store is hard to do these days. I buy enough on Amazon that the Prime membership easily pays for itself, and I don't have to look for free shipping options.

Reactions: chopsaw and zwiller
I wonder how much it's going to go up since UPS settled their strike. I work for an auto dealership and we ordered 200 10" windshield Ice Scrapers (customized). Most of the companies were all about $2.25 ea for the scrapers, shipping was anywhere from $ 85.00 to $153.00 for the order.

I'm finding free shipping without Amazon Prime as long as I'm willing to wait. And almost everything I buy, I'm in no hurry.

I wonder how much it's going to go up since UPS settled their strike. I work for an auto dealership and we ordered 200 10" windshield Ice Scrapers (customized). Most of the companies were all about $2.25 ea for the scrapers, shipping was anywhere from $ 85.00 to $153.00 for the order.
probably 90% of my Amazon orders are delivered with their own trucks, very little comes UPS now

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky