Calling pity party of one….Pity party of one!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JLeonard

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Apr 17, 2020
Southaven, MS
Well today marks another mile stone in me getting older……Bryce my youngest is off to the prom. He really can’t be old enough for that….right? If he’s old enough to for that I must be old.
IMG_1672.jpeg
IMG_1676.jpeg

He and Kylie are a cute couple. And she’s a great girl. I really like her.
So I decided since I was on my own tonight I’d feed my pity good….
got me a nice strip at the grocery. Seasoned with a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
IMG_1678.jpeg

And then went out on a limb and figured I’d try some grilled shrimp…
IMG_1679.jpeg

Let them marinate for an hour with a little olive oil, minced garlic, and some Old Bay (thanks HalfSmoked HalfSmoked ). Then onto the skewers.
Took the steak to 120 degrees then a quick sear on both sides. While it was resting shrimp onto the hot side of the grill…3 minutes each side.
IMG_1680.jpeg

Plated up with a baked potato! Steak to me was perfect.
You know a fat full belly does make ya feel better!

Thanks for hanging around this long.
Jim

I hear you Jim. My youngest just went to prom and will graduate in may. Really dates me but hey just closer to being an empty nester. What in the world would I do with privacy and time? lol love to see the little buggers grow up. Oh that’s a great meal too btw. Looks great.

Reactions: JLeonard
DougE DougE yeah there is that. There’s 17 yrs difference between Bryce and Jay (my oldest). Pretty soon I’ll be empty nesting.

Jim

Reactions: DougE
Great meal Jim, old bay is a must.
I hear you Jim. My youngest just went to prom and will graduate in may. Really dates me but hey just closer to being an empty nester. What in the world would I do with privacy and time? lol love to see the little buggers grow up. Oh that’s a great meal too btw. Looks great.
My daughter graduates college next month and comes back home...there goes the empty nest..........

Cute couple looks like he got his goodlooks from mom! 🤣😂
Great meal Jim, old bay is a must.

My daughter graduates college next month and comes back home...there goes the empty nest..........
It dont last long!

My youngest turns 24 this year my oldest turns 35. End of this month we're empty nesters for probably the last time. Youngest closes on house on the 29th.
Three grandkids to spoil and the middle one (10) likes to cook with me and make sure I don't go past rare - med-rare. LoL

Cute couple looks like he got his goodlooks from mom! 🤣😂

It dont last long!

My youngest turns 24 this year my oldest turns 35. End of this month we're empty nesters for probably the last time. Youngest closes on house on the 29th.
Three grandkids to spoil and the middle one (10) likes to cook with me and make sure I don't go past rare - med-rare. LoL
yeah we are not near grandkids form either kid yet, 21 and 25. Older one lives and teaches in NH, good thing is there are 2 BBQ joints here we he lives and we hit them both this weekend.

I had high hopes when my daughter went to college in NC for that but in 4 years we have been sorely disappointed.

I'm in the same boat as you Jim! My youngest is going to his prom tonight also! Where did the time go. What's the sayin? The days are long but the years are short! I remember walking out of the hospital with my first like it was yesterday and now she is finishing up her sophomore year of college! Crazy! Good looking couple there!

Well today marks another mile stone in me getting older……Bryce my youngest is off to the prom. He really can’t be old enough for that….right? If he’s old enough to for that I must be old.
View attachment 694336View attachment 694337
He and Kylie are a cute couple. And she’s a great girl. I really like her.
So I decided since I was on my own tonight I’d feed my pity good….
got me a nice strip at the grocery. Seasoned with a little salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
View attachment 694339
And then went out on a limb and figured I’d try some grilled shrimp…
View attachment 694340
Let them marinate for an hour with a little olive oil, minced garlic, and some Old Bay (thanks HalfSmoked HalfSmoked ). Then onto the skewers.
Took the steak to 120 degrees then a quick sear on both sides. While it was resting shrimp onto the hot side of the grill…3 minutes each side.
View attachment 694341
Plated up with a baked potato! Steak to me was perfect.
You know a fat full belly does make ya feel better!

Thanks for hanging around this long.
Jim

Those kids make a fine looking couple Jim! And ain't we all getting older at the speed of sound!! Our youngest, the twins, are turning 37 this year - hard to believe!

But you handled it good...that surf and turf dinner looks good enough to cure what ails ya!

Hang in there old timer...

:emoji_wink:
Red

Dang Jim, thought you were gonna have chili dogs ! But great pics, and love your new and improved meal plan!

Ryan

Good looking couple and a great meal Jim!
My oldest niece had her prom tonight also. Probably won't be around long enough to see any of my grands go so that was treat this afternoon.

Keith

Holy Crap Jim , you must be very old ( my son turns 46 this summer ) so i'm on the other side of the hill waiting for you. :emoji_anguished:

I bet they had fun with them thinking that they are old and all grown up now that school is almost over, lol

Very nice pity party food, and you are right. A full belly helps

David

GREAT

Nice young couple.
They grow up so fast. We are 8 miles from our oldest but the other three are in GA, NC and Colorado.

Food looks good too.

Awesome plate how was the shrimp? I have 2 granddaughters to do the prom thing ones 14 the other 4 all the others have done their thing. Now the grates are lining with the 2 oldest 8.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky