What a crappy week

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Inscrutable

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Apr 4, 2019
NC
So aside from the cruise from hell with bad weather, canceled ports, and bringing back Covid …

Felt like crap, and back was killing me and didn’t want to drag out a new 40-lb bag of pellets, but it was a really nice day … so used the electric for burnt ends and a butt.
Still not sure what I did wrong but both came out dry, tough, and with a bit of an unpleasant bitter taste.
On the bright side, the girls (dogs) seem to like it all.

My wife has always HATED February … I’ve joined the club.
Hooray March 😁

Wow Tim that is a rough week. Things will get better. If they don't the girls will be fat and happy.

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Sounds like a page taken out of my life lol. Chin up, spring will be here directly and everything will look better.

Tim, sorry to hear about the crappy week…but it sounds like you made your dogs happy! 😋😬

🍻 Here’s hoping March goes better! 🤞🏻

Red

If it makes you feel any better, my family has had a really crappy past four months.

The short version is two days before Thanksgiving we found out that my M.I.L. which lived with us had stage 4 pancreatic cancer.
(Pretty shitty of her Dr to tell us 2 days before Thanksgiving, like it couldn't wait a few days, right!!!)
Fast-forward one month of complete hell, cancer sucks.
My wife is an Angel, she took care of her Mother in ways that no one should ever have to do for a parent or loved one.

It only gets worse, on Christmas day my Mother fell and broke her femur and right wrist, like I said it gets worse.

Then the day after Christmas, we woke up early to go visit my Mother in the hospital after her surgery which included pins, and multiple screws in her femur and wrist. When we woke up, we found that my M.I.L. had passed away at home in bed the day after Christmas.
Which was really a Godsend that the F'd cancer took her as quickly as it did, because she was going through living hell with it.

Fast-forward a month later, my Mom spent a month in a rehab hospital recouping from her broken femur and wrist. Two days after she was released to go home, her and my Father both fell trying to get to Mom to the bathroom in the middle of the night. Dad hurt his knee but much worse off, my Mother broke her hip, on the opposite side of her broken femur, and she also broke her other wrist. ( so she now has a cast on both arms, F.M.L. back to the hospital and another month in a rehab hospital. Poor woman can't catch a break, and apparently either can we.

I apologize too everyone if I've been short or acting like a complete dick for a while, I hope you can all understand the stress my family has been enduring for the past few months, we have been through hell and back the past 4 months. Oh, yeah, and we all caught the Woo Tang, Chinese flu once again, happy, happy joy, joy!!!

All of that, and I had an aunt and cousin pass away during all of this crap, and my back has been completely F'd up with electric shocks shooting down both legs every step that I take. So I hate to say this, but I will, count your blessings, it could be much, much worse.

Once again, F.M.L in the eye socket!!!

Dan

Sorry to hear about this. It seems like we all have a section of our lives that has to go through this. I lost my mom and dad, brother-in-law, and best friend in a year and a half span. Mom passed on my birthday.

• Sad
Reactions: forktender
OMG forktender forktender , hope Events have bottomed-out and will turn up for you all.

(and yeah, I’ve always said there are 6 billion people that would trade places with us in a heartbeat)

Reactions: forktender
Sorry about your bad week.

Today marks the completion of the first week of my six week recovery from major back surgery. I have limitations on bending, twisting, and lifting (no more than 10 pounds). I had a decompression and fusion of L3, L4, and L5 so they had to put a cage in my back to support my spine. My back feels like I took a major beating because I did.

I'm not trying to compete with you but maybe that will make you feel just a tad better.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky