ThermoPro Twin TempSpike

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

texas smokin

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 16, 2022
Dallas-Fort Worth
Anyone try out ThermaPro's new Twin TempSpike? I just ordered one and am anxious to try it out. I've tried the Meater, and the Meat stick, both wire free Bluetooth temp probes but was disappointed with both. Both had connectivity issues, particularly over longer cooks.

have you had a chance to test this product out? I’m curious of your findings
Thanks for asking. Yes, I have and like it a lot. It's been accurate and most importantly, stays connected. I also have the Meater + and the Meat stick and have tried them many, many times. These latter two seem to have many more connection issues. I use a Yoder YS 640s which has a very thick metal shell and even when I leave the base unit right on top of the pellet bin, it doesn't help.

The Thermopro TwinSpike doesn't have an app and and wifi capabilities so it has limitations too. I'm still looking for the perfect solution that has the connectivity and accuracy I need along with Bluetooth/WiFi and a great app

Thanks for asking. Yes, I have and like it a lot. It's been accurate and most importantly, stays connected. I also have the Meater + and the Meat stick and have tried them many, many times. These latter two seem to have many more connection issues. I use a Yoder YS 640s which has a very thick metal shell and even when I leave the base unit right on top of the pellet bin, it doesn't help.

The Thermopro TwinSpike doesn't have an app and and wifi capabilities so it has limitations too. I'm still looking for the perfect solution that has the connectivity and accuracy I need along with Bluetooth/WiFi and a great app
Thank you for the info! I’ve been looking over several products like this one lately. I need some way to accurately monitor what’s happening without being stuck on the scene.

Thank you for the info! I’ve been looking over several products like this one lately. I need some way to accurately monitor what’s happening without being stuck on the scene.
I keep hoping the products and technology continues to improve. Maybe one of these three companies or some other will develop it.

Inkbird our sponsor has this spike therm and was offering a 50% discount at $50 a few weeks back you may want to look at if you missed the thread.

Inkbird our sponsor has this spike therm and was offering a 50% discount at $50 a few weeks back you may want to look at if you missed the thread.
I purchased it but I’m still looking at other options

Keep in mind this uses the newer Bluetooth standard in order to increase its range. Most phones do not support this standard therefore the range will not be increased.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky