Thermopro lightning

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ron50

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 14, 2007
FL
In the market for an instant read thermometer.
I was look at the lower end Thermo pro TP19H for $18 but I saw this one which with a coupon was $50. I like the LED display.

Anyone have one? Thoughts?

Reactions: JLeonard
Not sure which one you're looking at . I have a TP-19 . I like it . Rotating display with a lock feature . Auto off/on .

I see now . The Lightning . Looks nice . The TP-19 is in between the 19H and the lightning .

Reactions: ron50 and JLeonard
The Javelin original basic maybe close to 10 years in the making by Lavatools is a great Thermistor 1-2 second small instant read with lifetime warranty for $23.80 on Amazon. I received a free replacement after 7 years. Originally called the Thermowand. I have the Thermopro TP-19, a Maverick instant read I won here on SMF and my favorite is by our sponsor Inkbird IHT-1S. I just grab one that's nearby, all being accurate. The IHT-1S is rechargeable that lasts a year, rotates 90* 4 ways, sleeps and touch to wake, auto back light. They all have the same features and able to be calibrated but not necessarily with an ice water bath but with up to 5* increments in boiling water at your elevation like the Inkbird. But 1-2 seconds at $30 with a 40% coupon check box for $18 on Amazon is incredible. You won't be disappointed. When you chase after the Thermapen One, just remember it defaults to a resolution in single degrees that can be changed to tenths so bam locked in whereby all other therms in tenths resolution shows movement even after a second or two but within a degree with movement. They are all great now. I am much happier that Thermoworks USA, UT is giving due credit to the Thermapen made by Electronic Temperature Instruments, LTD in Worthing , UK in their ads vs claiming as their product. Thermoworks has their USA made products as well but still everthing else maybe USA corporate located and manufactured/assembled in China, UK etc

I have one and love it. Quick and easy to read !
Don't want to post a link but go to the ThermoPro website and it's on a President day sale for $33.58.
Great C/S and a steal !

Keith

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky