The chronicles of my summer eating pt. deux

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

worm304

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 12, 2016
6/4-6/5
Had some tails and shrimp left over from the boil so I made a chowder. Green onion, cream of mushroom and potato, cream cheese, butter, half and half, Cajun seasoning. Not the healthiest thing on earth but definitely delicious.

chowder.jpg

I had a pork picnic burning a hole in the freezer so here we go on some pulled pork.

raw pork.jpg

Seasoned with the jeff's/squeal combo and wrapped at noon for the fridge until 10 pm. From there it got a good sprinkle of raw sugar before going on the WSM at 225 with a combo of hickory and cherry chunks. The guru was set at 225 and it went on at 11 pm. and I went straight to bed.

wake up pork.jpg

Here is what she looked like at 8 a.m. after sending the kids off to day camp.

about to wrap pork.jpg

12 hours in and she was thrown in a foil pan. I added some apple juice, sprinkled her with more rub and some pads of butter on top, foiled and back on the WSM at 250.

done pork.jpg

She was done around 2:00 pm. Went in the cooler until 4:00 for a nice rest.

pulled pork.jpg

Pulled pork. I used a finishing juice I got here at one point (credit to that person whom I can't remember because I've had a few IPA's on a weekday) Apple juice, cider vinegar, rub, Cajun seasoning, pepper. Thanks for looking! I look forward to posting part 3 of the chronicles.

Reactions: phatbac
Again it all looks great.
Nice cooks.

Thanks! I have plenty of time this summer as the kids are finally old enough to do camps for the first part of the day. The last 5 summers were consumed with daddy day care. Trying to smoke as much as possible.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky