Spares on sale in Denver $1.49 a pound

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zdave

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 18, 2008
Denver
Since I moved downtown I've started getting the weekly circular for Rancho Liborio, a hispanic market with 5 or so locations around Denver. The front page special this week is pork spares for $1.49 a pound. This is 50 cents cheaper than the best I've seen locally and $1.50 cheaper than Safeway this week. I think I'm going to head up and get a few racks tonight for the freezer. I've typically found hispanic markets to have some great deals on vegetables, chiles, and spices as well.

Try them out, see if they are any good , that is a low price may be a low quality rib also, but i agree, i have got some good deals at the mexican stores also. Let us know what they end up on the quality.

There is also a 3 for 1 spare ribs deal at Albertson until th 5th with a coupon in their flyer. I'm picking up some after work for tomorrows cookout. I'll let you know how they turn out.

Brent

Where in Denver are you? I live in Thornton. You are right the Carniceria is a great place for meats. you can get cuts from them that you can't get in normal markets. You can usually find bulk pork fat for making sausage there too.

I am downtown at 15th and Blake. The Rancho Liborio meat specials came out again today and there is a special today only for $1.27/lb spares. I went and got two racks--they are monsters. One of them is about 11lbs and the other was right around 14lbs. The 14lb pack looked like it might actually be two racks but I couldn't tell for sure and didn't want to bust open the cryo. They are labeled all natural, minimally processed from a packing plant in KS.

I also picked up about 9lbs of pork sirloin end roast for $1.09/lb. I have slow cooked these before for tamales and they did well, so I'll try these on the smoker for some pulled pork.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky