Smoked GARLIC kielbasa WITH BASIL

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

KBFlyer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Mar 7, 2018
Ontario Canada
I was going to make standard sausage for BBQing but I was out of the right size casings so I went with kielbasa.
Started out with a recipe from Hunter Gather Cooks site but added a few things of my own into it. Tastes pretty darn good.
Letting it dry a tad in the fridge before vac sealing.

GARLIC kielbasa WITH BASIL

8 pounds lean pork
2,5 pounds back fat
102 grams kosher salt, about 2 tablespoons
45 grams cracked black pepper, about a tablespoon
75 grams fresh chopped garlic, about 2 tablespoons add more if you like
1 cup white wine ( I used Santa Carolina Sauvignon Blanc,lightly yeasty, grapefruit and savory aromas followed by those of green apples and herbs; ripe citrus flavours. Summer time favors.)
18 tablespoons of fresh chopped basil
1\2 cup of sun dried tomatoes
2 tablespoons of old bay.
Cure #1 11.8g
Smoke @130F for 4 hours

s3tImjP.jpg

gbuMyEN.jpg

EZcbiXd.jpg

bKKx8Lj.jpg

TSNfu1U.jpg

KpUVE9Y.jpg

Water bath at 155F for two hours to get IT to 155

Looks and sounds great . My Genovese basil is going crazy . This would be a good use for some of it . Nice work .

Reactions: KBFlyer
Nicely done...thanks for sharing the recipe too!

Had to look it up to be sure...16 tablespoons in a cup. Assuming normal density for your recipe - not packed in?

Looks great! Nicely done... What kind of casing did you use? Natural?
Yes hog casings, thought I had more of the smaller sheep casings but I must have used them up on my last batch of smokies. Have more on order.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky