Recipes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Feb 17, 2013
Central Pa
I have never made jerky before and I need to make some. My son is buying Jack Links orginal at school at 2 bucks a pop.
Can anyone help me out?

Adam

Disco has a good recipe. I used Dirtsailors also which was very good.
he beat me to it.
Edit:
For store bought, High Country is top notch.

Holy cow! $2 a pop! When you find a good recipe send the whole batch to school with your boy! He could make a fortune! Lol!

I thought about that.

There is a recipe in the book that came with my A-maze-n smoker . I started with that. Then started changing things around to my liking. But to be honest tht recipe is great just the way it is. Probably pretty close to an "original " jerkey flavor. Ill see if i can dig up that book and share the recipe with you.

Reactions: pc farmer
2F70C408-E244-42E4-98BB-7136DB4ACAFE.jpeg

Reactions: pc farmer
I have about every amazin smoker Todd makes and I never got a cook book.

I have 3 tubes . Got the book with the latest 2 I bought . Very first one had no book . Might be a new thing .

Ok. I havnt bought any of them in the last 8 years

Disco's OFG! the best! i make it all the time, smoked at 180 for 2-3 hours then 225 ill dry to liking. i tend to cut thick so it about 3 hours @180 and 1-2 at 225. I have to spread out the cooks because i eat it so fast.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky