Pulled pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wanna-be-smoker

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 13, 2013
VT
I usually would like a bone in pork but for my pulled pork but sometimes i get a giant boneless tenderloin and then cut a couple small roasts off it and rest into chops. I seasoned it with simple SSPOG and tossed it in the cooker at 5:30 this morning.  I like basting it now and then with my mixture of BBQ and Maple syrup through out the cook until I wrap but might not wrap with this new cooker. It seems to produce less smoke ( at times ive been accused of to much smoke with my stick burner) but still a great smoke ring so this might be a blessing in disguise.

Its been in now for almost 6 hours at around 200-222 and IT is at 150. Not as bark as I am used to with my stick burner and with the less smoke at this temp I wont wrap until later than usual and might not wrap at all lol we will see when/if some bark forms 

well that's a buzzkill ughh.

we have a graduation party today i forgot about so the IT is at 190 and not exactly where i want it but i have to pull/wrap it and hope for the best later when i get home later.

IT was down to 100 when i got home so i suspect between that and only going to190 when i pulled it out of the cooker it was a little grainy and tougher to pull. I started out with my claws but ended up pulling by hand and then back in the cooker for 30 or so minutes to heat it back up. While it was heating back up we cooked some corn and heated the burnt ends back up again. So all in all it was good but wish i was able to keep it in the cooker to 200-210 then pull before it got down to 100.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky