Pulled pork + beans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JCAP

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jun 12, 2019
Allentown, PA
Greetings all,
Today was my fantasy baseball draft for my longest running league. We’ve been playing since at least 2001 and always get together to draft. But not this year....anyway, there’s usually some kind of smoked food at the draft so I thought....why not just do some at home.

Last night I covered a pork butt with MeatChurch Honey Hog and wrapped it overnight. Today it went on the SNS kamado with some apple wood around 6:30am. Pulled it and wrapped it at the stall and finished it in the oven. I normally don’t wrap pork but the wife told me it better be ready for dinner at 5. And I like living so who am I to disobey. I was able to keep the temps between 225-250 (still tinkering w vents) and after the wrap in the oven, the bone slid right out and it shredded like butter at 190.

I also made some killer beans on the side and to eat we tossed the pork on some nice warmed fajita shells. 10/10.

But I used RO lump and it’s not typically something I use. I had much more ash than I expected and the pieces felt not as dense as my preferred B&B. Anyone notice lots of ash w RO lump or was it just my imagination?

Thanks for looking!

0D17F24A-0F57-40D8-995A-25B7359BF3EF.jpeg 1028296C-F77D-4F25-8A57-89180308C208.jpeg E8104827-6C6D-4CEA-B008-581F8CDE523B.jpeg E9478C3B-41BE-4612-B9E0-B1ECF99F1ABE.jpeg 7CA39927-B91D-4047-830B-3A9E5EE2CF01.jpeg

Looks great. What did you out in the beans? Always looking fir new tricks...JJ

Reactions: JCAP
Thanks for the likes and comments all!
Looks great. What did you out in the beans? Always looking fir new tricks...JJ
It’s a recipe from Project Smoke- pretty much poblanos, onion, 3 cans of beans (I used black, kidney, and cannellini ), and a bunch of ingredients to make a sauce (molasses, ketchup etc). I also throw some kind of rub in there. It’s our favorite baked/smoked bean recipe.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky