Pork Sirloin Roast

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kevin DeShazo

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Nov 7, 2018
I have a couple 1.5-2lb pork sirloin roasts in the freezer, Ive never cooked these before, got any suggestions for cooking, grilling, smoking, brine, not to brine, etc.

I know next to nothing about these cuts of meat, so what say you.

20210314_121543.jpg
20210314_121539.jpg

Attachments

• 20210314_122431.jpg
    20210314_122431.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 2
anything else in the fridge that you might want to serve it with?? besides the canadian bakin/cajun ham recipe i gave u in chat..

I would consider slightly freezing, slicing as thin as possible, and then pounding to get each slice paper thin and marinade then sear. they will cook almost instantly.
reserve some of this marinade to serve over the finished slices

https://redhousespice.com/kung-pao-chicken/

This, for me.

I'm a much bigger fan of the other end of a pork loin.....
thats why u gotta slice it thin, pound it thinner, and marinade. Hope ya got a wok, LOL, because it's GREAT for anything soy or fermented bean.

close to the ham the sirloin can get pretty gamey. reminds me of duck

Reactions: Kevin DeShazo
So made up an injection of apple juice, butter, MearChurch Voodoo cajun rub and some candied jalapeno juice. Injected both roastes, rubbed it down with more of the Voodoo and into the 225 smoker for about two hours using mostly cherry and some apple I had left over.

Came out pretty good, tender, flavorful, juicy, next time may try what Chile suggested about and cook a lil longer.

Heres the ever so important sliced up shot, the juice on the plate was great when picking up a slice off the plate drenched in the juice.
20210314_180516.jpg

Thanks for the tip and help fellas, as always, much appreciated

Looks like it came out pretty nice. Good work. I appreciate this advice too!

That cut isn't what I thought it was... Massive brain fart on my part.

You did it right and your results look great, delicious sliced pork.

Treat that cut just like a pork loin, brine or inject, cook to 140° IT for slicing that, and forget about pulling it.
Best as a high temp roast in the oven, smoker or grill, would be kickass hot-n-fast on a rotisserie.

Last edited:
It looks good Kevin and probably tasted even better nice job

Reactions: Kevin DeShazo
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky