Pork belly scrap roll

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Magic Meat

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 25, 2020
Charlton MA
Trimmed up a 17lb belly for bacon, took all the trimmings and chopped off the bulkey pieces of fat and tossed them into a bowl, put it in the fridge overnight with some soy sauce, garlic, onion, brown sugar, and rosemary. The next day I took all the pieces and stacked them onto a large thin sheet of belly that I cut off of one of the slabs to even the thickness. Wrapped it up tight and tied it with butchers string. Weighed about 3 lbs.
Fired up the smoker and cooked it at 220 -225 with applewood chunks for 4 1/2 hrs..
Needless to say it was really good, got some really nice color and smoke on it, the juice that came flooding out when I cut into it was incredible !
Great way to use up belly trimmings !
Can't wait to trim up some more bacon slabs !
20200621_202100.jpg
20200623_103348.jpg
20200623_161021.jpg
20200709_205051.jpg

Interesting. Similar to a Porchetta. The flavor combo sounds good...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky