Playing with the new SV

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hell ya John! Everything looks spectacular. Glad to see you’re enjoying the SV. It’s a great tool as it frees up some time to cook other things. Then once your side dishes are done, you sear and the whole meal comes together in a snap!

That new year’s plate has me drooling too!

Thanks Joe! You are exactly right. So easy to do and plan things. Appreciate the like on the new years plate too. Good ole southern comfort food.

Those are some good looking meals John, Nicely done.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: SmokinVOLfan
Getting different levels of doneness using the sous vide. Well, you can't unless you are willing to use two sous vide baths or do two separate cooking sessions. My wife likes her steaks med/rare and I like mine a little more toward med. What I have done, and what seems to work is to simply leave mine on the searing griddle longer. Hers needs only a quick sear since it is already a perfect med/rare at 131f. Mine I can take to 133f, using an instant read thermometer and hit my preferred doneness.

Reactions: Bearcarver
This is exactly what I cant wait to do. Ever do a top round aka London broil?

Yes I did a couple of Top & Bottom Rounds, but the size, shape of the Eye works out better, and Hardly any trimming needed on the Eye Round.
Tops & Bottoms are good too, just not my favorite.

Bear

Getting different levels of doneness using the sous vide. Well, you can't unless you are willing to use two sous vide baths or do two separate cooking sessions. My wife likes her steaks med/rare and I like mine a little more toward med. What I have done, and what seems to work is to simply leave mine on the searing griddle longer. Hers needs only a quick sear since it is already a perfect med/rare at 131f. Mine I can take to 133f, using an instant read thermometer and hit my preferred doneness.

Thanks Braz! Yeah I think next time I will just do them all med rare and whoever doesn't like them that way I will just sear longer. Appreciate the input!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky