Opinions needed on this smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ntrouble

Original poster
May 28, 2014
Rockwall, TX
Hi everyone. I am shopping for a new smoker. I found this one and will probably look at it today.
It is a little more substantial than I need, but that is only a minor concern. What I need for someone more experienced than me is an honest critique of this basic design. It just seems like there may be too much going on for this smoker to work well. What are your thoughts? Here's a pic.

That's a pretty common design. Looks like with 2 stacks you could shut off an unused section. If 1/4" Steel, looks like a good deal...JJ

I would have thought the vertical box would be above the firebox so all the airflow would be traveling the same direction. As it is, the air flow will have to be split between the vertical cook chamber and the horizontal RF cook chamber.
I am wondering if the design will allow for proper draw back across the horizontal chamber.
Does that make sense?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky