noob from Raleigh nc

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

wilsmoku

Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
Raleigh nc
hi every one ,in Raleigh nc new to smoking but i have been cooking pigs for 20 or better years and have always wanted to smoke just bought a MASTER BUILT PRO AND JUST PUT ON 2 PORK BUTS  we will see how they turn out ,the temp is staying around 300 cant seem to get it to 200 ,using charcoal and apple wood and hickory ,really smells good cant wait to taste it ,followed the rub instructions with a Memphis rub and refrigerated it overnight just put them on.

welcome1.gif
 to SMF!!! We're happy you found us! Would you do us a favor and add your location to your profile, it helps people to know where you are when they offer advice, Thanks! Since you are new to smoking you might want to check out Jeff's Free 5 day E-course, it will teach you all the basics and a lot more: http://www.smoking-meat.com/smoking-basics-ecourse.html

Sorry I can't help you with your temp problem, I use propane, but you can use the search bar at the top to find answers to almost all your questions.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky