Newbie Northeast of the `Burgh

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Momof3hungryboyz

Original poster
Apr 5, 2018
Hi! Newbie from a dinky little town Northeast of Pittsburgh, PA here.

First, allow me to thank everyone for sharing their recipes, techniques and experiences. It has made the process of beginning to smoke a truly painless and less frightening endeavor! And to say what a pleasure it is to be here!

I lurked for a while before finally deciding to cave and buy a smoker. I purchased the Masterbuilt 30" electric. My boys asked me why I bought it. They truly thought I had lost my mind. I delivered it to myself a few weeks ago (I am a courier when I am not sleeping and being mom). The weather finally calmed down enough last weekend so that I could break it out and give it a shot. I smoked 2 pork shoulders and I have to say, they turned out great! I am quite impressed with this thing. I have no pictures as my boys tore into them after a brief 20 minute resting period...there was nothing remotely appetizing left to photograph when they were done. Now, they want to know what is going in next and when. Huh, guess mom didn't lose her mind after all! :) Chicken is on the menu for tomorrow.

Mom,
Please allow me to be the first to welcome you to SMF. You’ve got a great unit there and it will certainly bring you fun as you feed those 3 boys. Good luck with the chickens! B

Welcome aboard Mom, glad your first smoke turned out well. Lot's of good info on the site about your smoker.

Chris

Welcome to SMF!
Glad to hear your first smoke was so successful!
Good luck with the chicken, and if you get a chance take a couple of photo's!
Al

texas-animated-flag-1.gif
Good morning and welcome to the forum from a cloudy, windy and warm day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky