Newbie from Ontario

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Albert1977

Original poster
Mar 31, 2018
Ontario Canada
Hello from Canada,

I'm am new to this forum, however I have been experimenting with smoking meat for about a year now when I got a cheap offset smoker for my birthday last year. I have read through a lot of posts here since then which has guided me to making my cheap smoker into a well functioning one. The one I have is from a company called Backyard Grill, bought from Walmart. Since I got it I have extended my chimney, created a baffle system, added a charcoal box and a ash tray for easy cleanup. I have read many times that the cheap offset smokers quickly put off beginners, but I have loved the challenge and now find it easy to maintain temperature thanks to all of the great information found on this site. I have decided it is now time to join and maybe even offer some assistance with the experience I have gained over the last year. Eventually I would like to custom build a offset smoker with a 55 gallon drum and maybe use my current cc as the firebox. Whenever I decide to do that, I know there is a lot of info on here to help me along.

Happy smoking,

Albert

Hello Albert welcome, I'm new here as well. This forum sure has a lot of information and help. Found it when I was looking for information on dry curing. My next challenge will be smoking cheese later this spring. If you don't mind me asking, were in Ontario are you?

Hello Albert welcome, I'm new here as well. This forum sure has a lot of information and help. Found it when I was looking for information on dry curing. My next challenge will be smoking cheese later this spring. If you don't mind me asking, were in Ontario are you?

I am in Sarnia Ontario. just west of London.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky