New Love for my Char-Griller

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I have always loved this grill. I have given away half dozen of these to friends over the years when they where $100. Has a top rack which is hard to find anymore. The charcoal grate can be lowered or raised. The grates on the other hand are junk. Since I bought these new grates this is now the best grill! I normally only use about 1/3 chimney of charcoal. Should be able to find grill and grates for around $200. Charbroil has one that looks like this also. My poor Weber Kettle only gets used for the Vortex now. I can highly recommend this setup. I made the best burgers on it today. It is such a pleasure to cook on. Can also smoke but temps will run a bit high. Great for reverse seared steaks.

Grates: Votenli S6505A (4-Pack) 19 3/4" Stainless Steel Cooking Grid Grates Replacement for Chargriller

IMG_20230629_153802092_HDR.jpg IMG_20230622_155235042_HDR.jpg

I have always loved this grill. I have given away half dozen of these to friends over the years when they where $100. Has a top rack which is hard to find anymore. The charcoal grate can be lowered or raised. The grates on the other hand are junk. Since I bought these new grates this is now the best grill! I normally only use about 1/3 chimney of charcoal. Should be able to find grill and grates for around $200. Charbroil has one that looks like this also. My poor Weber Kettle only gets used for the Vortex now. I can highly recommend this setup. I made the best burgers on it today. It is such a pleasure to cook on. Can also smoke but temps will run a bit high. Great for reverse seared steaks.

Grates: Votenli S6505A (4-Pack) 19 3/4" Stainless Steel Cooking Grid Grates Replacement for Chargriller

View attachment 669647View attachment 669646
I have a Chargriller Grand champ XD and an Akorn. Really enjoy both of them. Have had the Akorn for a bit over a year and Just got the XD about 2 months ago. Not high end cookers but can crank out some great food for sure!! Stoked you are enjoying it!!

Sean

Nice Brian . I had the Char-Griller Pro way back when . Had the side fire box . I loved that thing . I never had trouble with the original grates , but I kept them seasoned up . I can see where those SS ones are a plus .
That grill makes great food . With the charcoal grate positions , it's a steak or burger grilling machine . Awesome grill for the price point . I think I got mine for $99.00 back in the mid 90's .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky