MORE INJECTED HAWG MEAT!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Hawging It

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 1, 2019
Southeast Mississippi
Well, I'm at it again today. Found a couple of nice 7 1/2 pound pork butts at the store. Decided to smoke one and freeze the other. Attached is the stuff I will be using. Rub down light with Killer Hogs AP rub then Heavy with Killer Hogs original rub. Injected with Apple juice and Butcher BBQ Pork injection. Tiger sauce brushed over it a few times during the cook. The roasted pineapple habanero salsa glaze near the end. Smoking with Oak @ 250 degrees.
CLEAN.jpg
PLENTY OF PORK BUTT.jpg
PORK BUTT.jpg
RUBS AND INJECTION.jpg
THREE HOURS IN.jpg

THREE HOURS IN.jpg

PORK BUTT.jpg

RUBS AND INJECTION.jpg

Attachments

• CLEAN.jpg
    CLEAN.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 5
  • PLENTY OF PORK BUTT.jpg
    PLENTY OF PORK BUTT.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
View attachment 388650 Well, I'm at it again today. Found a couple of nice 7 1/2 pound pork butts at the store. Decided to smoke one and freeze the other. Attached is the stuff I will be using. Rub down light with Killer Hogs AP rub then Heavy with Killer Hogs original rub. Injected with Apple juice and Butcher BBQ Pork injection. Tiger sauce brushed over it a few times during the cook. The roasted pineapple habanero salsa glaze near the end. Smoking with Oak @ 250 degreesView attachment 388631 View attachment 388633
Three hours in.

Still rolling smoke on the Butt. I have used it many times on pork butt and pork loin roast. Very happy with it. Very simple. 2 cups of apple juice and 1 heaping tablespoon of Butchers BBQ!

Going old school! Threw in a couple of oak sticks, got the smoker at 275, wrapped the pork and shut all the air off. Should be less than 100 degrees when I wake up from my slumber in the morning.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky