Lover of bourbon-soaked woods!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

whiskeydrinker

Original poster
Jun 28, 2017
Hey Y'all, I'm from Nashville and have been exploring my passion for smoking. I love to experiment with different types of woods and seeing how bourbon can come into play.

I'm new to smoking myself and a big fan of bourbon but my first thought was used bourbon barrels, probably fairly easy to find in Nashville if you know a few people. Cut them up and give it a shot, not sure how the oak comes into play after hosting the bourbon however. I've cooked with bourbon soaked vanilla beans in many types of dishes so maybe combining both?

Hey welcome buddy...i came here and just quitely soaked up information...finally i joined just to say thank you....and i,m just blown away by the quality of the people i,ve met on here.....i hope you like it as well as i do...again...welcome!

I had one buddy who uses a MES tell me he smoked with Jack Daniels chunks you can get at Walmart. he said the flavor they impart are like caramel flavoring on pork. i have never used those kinds of chunks before though.

Happy Smoking,

phatbac (Aaron)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky