Thanksgiving Left over turkey? Have no fear pot pies are here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

negolien

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Jan 1, 2020
Sacramento, Calif.

I saw this on Scheels. Enjoy​

Ingredients​

• Pillsbury Pie Crust
  • 2 cups Turkey
  • 1 cup Green Bean Casserole
  • 1 cup Gravy
  • ¼ cup Milk
  • 1 cup Mixed Vegetables
  • 2 Eggs
  • 1 tbsp Water
  • 1 tbsp Chives for garnish
  • Kosmos SPG BBQ Rub

Instructions​

1. Prepare cast iron skillet with a layer of butter.
  2. Place pie crust in skillet.
  3. Mix together turkey, green bean casserole, gravy, mixed vegetables, and add in milk if needed.
  4. Season with a generous amount of Kosmos SPG.
  5. Drop the mixture on the crust in the skillet and spread evenly.
  6. Cover with pie crust and seal the edges.
  7. Brush with egg wash.
  8. Cut openings into pie crust to allow an even cook.
  9. Fire up the grill and cook at 350° for 60 mins, or until golden brown.

Last edited by a moderator:
Always make pot pie and soup with the leftovers.
I just over-salted/brined one, so experimenting with soup, chili, and pot pie to see if I can get proportions that work with the salt leaching out of the Turkey. Think it will work if no other salts are added or embedded within the ingredients. We shall see …

Reactions: negolien
I've never had or made homemade pot pie. Growing up, my parents would give us the Swanson frozen pot pies and I hated them. I never got that out of my mind when someone would mention pot pie so I never have tried to make my own. That recipe looks good and I'm sure I could improve upon those old frozen ones so maybe I need to rethink that. Besides, that would be something different to do with leftover turkey...

I've never had or made homemade pot pie. Growing up, my parents would give us the Swanson frozen pot pies and I hated them. I never got that out of my mind when someone would mention pot pie so I never have tried to make my own. That recipe looks good and I'm sure I could improve upon those old frozen ones so maybe I need to rethink that. Besides, that would be something different to do with leftover turkey...
Yeah, I had those too as a kid. There is no comparison to a really easy homemade version.
I also use the Pillsbury pie crusts, along with cream of chicken soup, lots of vegetables, leftover cubed or shredded chicken or Turkey, poultry seasoning or rub of choice, and egg wash on the top crust.
Good comfort food.

Yeah, I had those too as a kid. There is no comparison to a really easy homemade version.
I also use the Pillsbury pie crusts, along with cream of chicken soup, lots of vegetables, leftover cubed or shredded chicken or Turkey, poultry seasoning or rub of choice, and egg wash on the top crust.
Good comfort food.
Yup we had fresh ones when I was growing up too. Along with the later tv dinners. I agree no comparison to the real thing

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky